Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stats...

You know taking a look at the number of threads per engine category I am sure say's a few things....

Eng Threads
6.4L - 73
6.0L - 193(now 194)
7.3L - 20
All Modular engines - a whopping 24.

The site name "Ford Truck Fanatics" cannot possibly be thought of as a "diesel only" site.

I have read somewhere that the 6.0L made up something like 60 or 70 percent of the Super Duty installed engines during the years it was available. I wonder how consistent the numbers are with the actual sales data.

Given that the 7.3 was installed in the Super Duty truck roughly the same amount of years as the 6.0L(1999-2003.5 vs 2003.5-2007.5). A total of 20 posts just points to the platform reliability. Even if more 6.0L engines were sold than the 7.3L(that is a guess) correcting for engine population it would be hard for me to believe otherwise.

Somebody has to have some sales data out there....

Yes, I actually have nothing else better to do right now.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Maybe us 6.0L PSD guys are just a vocal bunch and internet savy????

Just another random thought....

Gas motors are more universally understood than diesels so that probably accounts for the low amount of posts WRT Ford gas engines as well as their reliability.

I still think that the were the numbers(post) weighted for engine population it would not be that far out of line.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts