Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How many miles are on your Explorer?

157,000 on 97 Mountaineer

97,000 on my 2001. It was low miles when I bought it about 3 years ago. LOL

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
119,500 on my '98...though that number is gonna be creeping up real, real slow in the next few years...I'll be putting less than 4000 on it per year by my current reckoning.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
I'm a college student...the only thing that requires me to leave campus is going to the airport (aviation major) or Walmart (perhaps once a week). I'm just quite good at bumming rides when other people where possible.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Dang...

I'm a college student, too, don't work off-campus, and have the worst people-mover of all my friends (they've all got 4 doors) so I rarely drive when groups of us go places.

I still put down between 10-15k miles a year...

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
This summer I'll be moving to an apartment though, so I'll have to drive to class every day on top of the airport. But I'll more than make up for that in not having to drive back to my 'rents place to change the oil.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
This summer I'll be moving to an apartment though, so I'll have to drive to class every day on top of the airport. But I'll more than make up for that in not having to drive back to my 'rents place to change the oil.

I've never heard of Durant, OK, so I don't know how big it is, but I'm guessing it's not THAT big. I go up to Boston at least once or twice a year, just because it's the nearest big enough city to have the things I want to do (and I hate cities). One round trip to Boston is about an eighth of your annual mileage allowance.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Wow that sucks. Durant has probably 15,000 people or so in it (not counting the college, another five or so)...which is nothing compared to what I grew up to.

When we want entertainment, we can usually find it here or jump across the River into Texas and go to Sherman or Denison. Worst comes to worst, Dallas is just about a hundred miles straight down the highway, and there are a million and one things to do there.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I wouldn't say it sucks... Bangor's 30,000 or so, and less than 10 miles away. Portland's about 150, and has plenty to do; lots of concert tours land in Bangor, Portland, or between the two.

But then there's the stuff you only get in big cities- Boston International Auto Show is one that comes to mind; I wasn't able to make it this year, but it's worth the trip if I can spare the time.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Yeah I mosey on down to Dallas every so often to catch a gun show, car show, air show, or boat show. I actually just got back last night from a gun show in Ft. Worth.

Durant's not bad...but I was spoiled by living so close to Dallas for so long...I miss having that access to everything so simply.

I run with scissors.
That's mostly interstate driving and at 60 mph on flat ground. If you mix in a good amount of city driving it will dip down to 18.6, which is still pretty good. I drive very easy and watch for stoplights changing so I let off the gas early and coast up to the light and coast up to stop signs also. If my girlfriend drives it she will get about 15 or 16 out of it, but she drives more aggressively than I do and doesn't look ahead for stops.

My X weighs in at 4,880 lbs without me in it.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Oh okay...that makes more sense...I drive mine fairly hard, plus virtually every bit of my driving is sub-five mile trips around town, with the occasional 10-mile run to the airport, and the very occasional 60-mile round trip to Texas. Killer on mileage.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts