Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

SCT Ultra Economy tune VIA....LIPD

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Matt and I have been working on something that will spark the majoritys interest in a jam up trans tuning file, with a tad more power to the stock engine file, yeilding real legit MPG gains. So far, with limited testing on my part, 100 deg average lower egt temps, 3.5mpg gain in mixed city/country 55mph driving. 10 WOT romps in a row and it will not puke a drop. The shifting strategy keeps the truck in the torqueband when wot. I will be testing the highway driving mileage when I go to St. Louis in 2 weeks. More to come.......stay tuned.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I will be testing the highway driving mileage when I go to St. Louis in 2 weeks. More to come.......stay tuned.
Coming to St. Louis from where? Coming through the Lake area (Camdenton, Osage Beach or Eldon)?? If so, I know this great place for lunch. I bet the guy there wouldn't even charge you. He's really a great guy. lol :cooldude:

Coming up through AR? What route are you taking?

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I-30 to I-40 in Little Rock, then to 55 in West Mephis, then up to St. Louis. I might come back U.S. 67, we ran that route last year during Thanksgiving weekend and there was absolutly no traffic. Saved me some miles/time as well. Might take that way up. If I stay pure interstate, it will validate the test better, than running through the smaller towns on 67. Either way, makes me no difference.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Mixed towing/unloaded, highway/city first tank was 12.5mpg, second tank was 14.3mpg. The trailer weight close to 5600lbs. when full of water. EGT still lower than stock, and no puking.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Mixed towing/unloaded, highway/city first tank was 12.5mpg, second tank was 14.3mpg. The trailer weight close to 5600lbs. when full of water. EGT still lower than stock, and no puking.
Thats cool, any differences in the power band?

I get about 15.5 mpg stock tune. Can i get better using SCT with Matts tuner file.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Thats cool, any differences in the power band?

Yeah, Vince the way he programmed the shift tables it stays in the powerband when shifting. It did take the truck a couple days to learn it all. When I first installed revision 1 it still acted like it was confused, but after about 3 days it shifted normally. He really didn't try to add a ton of power, as it ain't no race file, but it does tow extremely well on cruse.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I get about 15.5 mpg stock tune. Can i get better using SCT with Matts tuner file.

Well that all depends. It does still need to be proved out on several other trucks. Matt also may need to tweek each file for the truck it is getting installed on. Remember my truck does have about 1500# of tools and equipment and I am running 285 tires, so my base mileage is around 12.5-13 mpg mixed city/highway.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Ryan,

Do you have any updates on this yet?

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Going on vacation next weekend will be towing with it to check that part out of it. I am running a different file right now to make sure that my numbers are correct. (pretty hot file, so there is a fun factor to it as wellYelloThumbUp ) The pure interstate numbers were not as expected, but Matt did a few minor corrections to the file. I will say this, with the exception of the lag on the Ultra economy file as compaired to the Dynomax race file, the Ultra Economy has alot more power than I had first thought. So Matt does have a little more wiggle room with the file, to make it like I want it to be. My wife drove me (drunk and napping) back from our St. Louis trip, she complimiented as to how much more power it seemed to have when passing.

This is kinda going to be a slow process proving this file out. I just want to make sure that it does what Matt will advertise what it does. Good things come to those who wait. Besides nobody wants a half assed tested tune to try in thier truck.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I agree, 100% thorough testing is improtant and yes good things come to those who wait. I just like to hear the progress both good and bad (must be the data junky in me) :rolleyes:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts