Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Leveling kit or 3" lift.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Just wanted to see what everyone thought about the two.

The leveling kit would level the truck out and it wouldn't look like it's taking a nose dive.

The 3" lift would lift it up and still keep the factory rake.

Everyone's thoughts on the two.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
thought about doing a leveling kit on my truck also... I like the idea, but can't come up with the cash. I'd jump on that. As far as lifting... I wouldn't lift a 2wd pickup.

Ryan

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Levelling kit on a F350 with 35's

LisaKR1.jpg

Think the Silverado's gonna stay stock though- wifey and i like the look the way it is.

GTGZ71.jpg

Say what you want- getting to like that new Bowtie more and more with every mile.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
It is? Sorry...didn't look like it to me with the little tires.

If your talking about the avatar, that is an old pic when I still had the original tires on it. Those were 255/70 and I beleive that is an optional tire. I think 235/75 was the standard size from factory. I stepped up just a little to a 265/70. I heard the biggest you can put on with out having a lift or leveling kit are 285/70 (equivelant to a 33" tire) anything bigger will rub in the front. YelloThumbUp

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
not really sure. I was just wanting to go a little bigger. I think the lift would probably suit me best. This is something that probably won't happen for awhile but I would like to get everyone's opinion on the two.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
well, I wouldn't level it then, if it's a 4x4. Once you get it up higher, you can't even tell the front is a tiny bit lower.

Just raise it 3", but don't go ape-chit with the tire size. You'll contribute to a lot of road noise and lower your MPG.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
well, I wouldn't level it then, if it's a 4x4. Once you get it up higher, you can't even tell the front is a tiny bit lower.

Just raise it 3", but don't go ape-chit with the tire size. You'll contribute to a lot of road noise and lower your MPG.

Ryan

that's what I was thinking. It will probably be awhile before I do it. When I do the lift I'll need some bigger tires(but not too big) and since the truck only came with 3.55 gears I'll probably have to step that up too. Since all of that is fairly expensive it will probably be longer than I think but you never know. YelloThumbUp

blacksnapon

Staff member
Dont know about lowering an f150.....but it did make the 05 gt mustang (silver, 5 speed, 2 tone red interior, 3 valve 4.6 motor) look pretty good that I was dealer prepping today!

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
No, I wouldn't lower an F-150 either. The leveling kit actually lifts the front.YelloThumbUp

You keep trying to sell that Mustang to my wife, don't you. What did I ever do to you Vince? :rofl:

IMO, level kit would make your current tire size "WORK". If you raise it, I think you're going to find the tires look small, and be dissatisfied with them.
The leveling kit will give it "stance". I think that is what you are looking for.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts