Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Texas Chapter Leader...

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Thanks to all that participated in the discussion as well as those that voted.

Thanks to TexasNomad and Truckin4Life for stickin it out there.

The poll is closed and WE HAVE A WINNER. It was a close race but by a vote of 3 to 2 Truckin4Life has won...

Please congratulate Truckin4Life

bigdance bigdance bigdance bigdance bigdance bigdance

I'll have the admins take care of the permissions when they get a chance. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
T4L(Don)...congrats. Nomad to you also for being willing to step up.
Hope you Chapter grows guys.

Last edited:

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I guess now is not a good time to say, I ain't from Texas.smilieneenar

Just kidding! Congratulations Don.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
congrats... may you not get voted off for having nothing to do and doing it well.... /QUOTE]

You can't be doing any thing well when your not doing any thing at all.
Like promoting the site or the chapter hanging up fliers at auto part stores or junk yards you know some thing.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
took an hour, went grocery shopping, still have something to say.

ca - i'm not breaking any of the rules by disagreeing with y'all so that allows me to wish our new leader the best in my own way. we already established that we'll just have to agree to disagree because i don't think it's right to set a precedence that a membership of 6 scattered across the second biggest state in the nation requires enough maintenance to mandate daily, weekly, or even monthly participation, during the holidays no less, when i've seen groups with a membership of 50 or more in this state fall apart with daily participation from over 2/3 it's members. until i see otherwise i will maintain my position whether it agrees with you or not and i'm not gonna apologize for it nor pretend it simply went away.

nomad - my entire point is that there's nothing to be done right now that requires the leader and when nothing is what's required then doing nothing accomplishes what's required quite well.

all those things you mentioned are things i've been doing anyway, post it noting trucks with the website and a note to stop in and see us, talking to the leather repair guy who mentioned he wished he hadn't sold his 79, the parts house guys i see just about weekly, seeing members over yonder and emailing them to come over here, telling my mechanics etc, even registering as a member of club FTF at the cruise i participated in when there were a whopping THREE members and my truck's wearing the sticker. those are not more the responsibility of the leader ESPECIALLY with a membership like we have. everyone should be doing it if they really wanna make a group out of this and if one of us has to deal with life before the internet we should care enough to try to support them rather than usurp them.

JMO

Don - i really wish you the best luck and if you need anything don't hesitate to holler at me cuz i'm game. i sincerely hope life treats you well enough you don't find yourself having to deal with it too long away from here.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Congrats Don, welcome aboard! If you have any ?'s pm me I'll try to help out.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
Your welcome to disagree with me any time you want Connie. But harping on a moot point hardly seems productive.

you act like it's just about this one leader... it's not and i'm getting damn tired of having to say that.. i don't feel like it's moot because i disagree with it now and in the future and if it's happened once it'll be more likely to happen again later which was the entire purpose of my comment. there's no accommodation for life outside of the internet or outside of this tiny little group? that's never a moot point and i've yet to hear something that shows me otherwise. groups with that mentality soon find in short order they have no one left because real life and it's hell has to come first sometimes and those with no tolerance for it get set aside quick fast and in a hurry. that's even less productive to chapter growth IMO.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts