Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

brush/grille guards

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
If you're looking for a grille guard that will actually protect your truck, do NOT but one of those flashy, chrome bolt-on ones.
They may look nice, but if they get hit, or you hit anything(deer), they will cause more damage than what would have happened without it.
If you are serious about getting a grille guard, get one that is hand-built and is an extension off of the also hand-built STEEL bumper.
They are strong enough to hit a deer at 80+ mph, and not even hardly scratch the paint.
Work as great push bumpers, and you can get them with built in tow hooks, winch mounts, and recievers also.
A good one like that here runs anywheres from$275-$450.
Most welding shops and iron or steel working shops do, or will build these at a reasonable price.YelloThumbUp

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Here is a shot of mine, i built it with some flat steel and tubing. It doesn't protect much, but is much sturdier than you would think...

CIMG0009.jpg

CIMG0104.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Thanks a bunch.

sorrysmiliehijacked

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That'll do it then...I can get you a price on it if you want me to make you one. all you have to do is pm me your zip to get an idea on shipping.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
not yet had to work late tonight. I'll get you something soon enough. hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts