Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Holy Cow it's quiet

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Friend of mine took delivery of his new 2008 Ford F250 6.4L PSD a week or so ago.

A few observations:
I do not really care for the interior.
I do like the "line input" for Ipods etc.
I do like the power mirrors.
I do like the new intstrument cluster.

That thing is ULTRA quiet standing next to it at idle and even pretty quiet with the hood up.
In cab noise is almost non-existent.
I haven't driven it but he says it's got some get up and go.

Overall seems like a nice truck. Ford needs a good vehicle this time around. I don't think they can afford another disaster like the 6.0. Wether the 6.0 was really a bad engine/design or whatever or it was all hype I do not think Ford can withstand either again.

Before you hate on me for bashing the 6.0 check my sig. I love my truck

Aaron, I've heard the same thing about the quietness. I too love my 6.0 that has been flawless for almost 32,000 miles. I would love to test drive a new 6.4........for educational purposes only...(in case my wife reads this)

Lordy... passed one on the way home today. I actually wanted to slow down, let it pass me, and get another LOOK!
The wife noticed me slowing down, and said,"Oh no you DON"T!!!"

blacksnapon

Staff member
Ford has taken the lessons from the 6.0 and made changes. You could say, the testing for the 6.4 was the 6.0. I really believe the 6.4 is going to be a good engine. There already is aftermarket modifications going on, which presents new issues all together. The 6.4 comes complete with an electronic management system that makes this very difficult, if not impossible (of course they're going to try). We'll probably have to ruin a few warranties before they'll get the idea.

And all that stuff vince said about "chrome, chrome,chrome"? It's all true!~

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts