Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I was nervous, but no problems!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Last night I finally got to go to the track to race. My buddy asked me if I'd mind pulling his drag car down too. I said no problem. What I didn't realize was just how big his race trailer was. We weighed in at a truck stop on the way just for fun and the total weight was 23,480 lbs!

I ran the Innovative Diesel Aggressive Tow Tune the whole way. EGT's never got over 1300. And that 1300 was for about 5-10 secs pulling a hill. I managed to hold 70 the whole way no problem on any hills either. The trailer did cause her to sway a bit when a semi passed or when I let off going down a hill, but no big deal at all. The integrated brake controller really did a great job too. Way better than the brake controller I had in my old truck.

The only problem I did run into was right after they teched my truck. I pulled around into the street car lane and it started to RAIN!! So, it rained for 4 hours and we packed it up and left. :( So, I'm gonna try again this next Friday.

Usually a trailer sway means the trailer is overloaded, heavy to the rear, or the tires are underinflated. each are dangerous, but being heavier in the rear is actually potentially MORE dangerous, since the TRAILER is trying to STEER THE TRUCK.
If he's one of those guys that carries so many extra tires in front of the car instead of an overhead rack for them, he may want to go ahead and invest in getting that fixed. the weight needs to be centered or even slightly forward of center.
Also those EGTs were borderline... don't wanna run that hot too long.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts