Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well i got it

I got my 03 F150
so far i like it but its no toyota when it comes to gas mileage lol although at $1.49 a gallon it took about $17 to fill up from half a tank, and about $40 from a quarter.. I drove it about 220 miles and it was basically suburbs and it wasnt so good on gas but hey its a fullsize truck
problems"
Sometimes it sounds like a clunk on take off underneath sounds like a mount or u joint hopefully no biggie
sometimes it idles a tad rough but at 98K im guessing that its prolly time for wires and plugs and bueing i bought it from a used car dealer, im guessing it sat a while so the fuel system needs a good tank of detergent gas
there is a bit of wind coming in the right side during alot of wind so i have to have the body guy see if the doors should slightly be adjusted but hey its on the other side

On a side note it was nice to get into a full size truck again the room is great the ride is wonderful and it was just great to go for a cruise with my Allman Bros CD blasting and the old lady cuddled in close

Oh i already bought my tupperware for the outside lol vent visors and a bugflector lol

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Sounds nice man, now get some pics up. smilieFordlogo

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Glad to hear you got your truck. try replacing the plugs, there is no wires, just a COP.

Check your rear driveshaft, the bolts may have loosened up over time, still holds but allows the driveshaft to slip on the bolts at the axle.

Your doors are gonna whine in the wind. Mine always have, and now with the Lambo doors, the do it worse, but still not too bad. Only on the interstate did I really notice it, with a cross wind.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Glad u like it . As for The Toy to Ford . I know the fullsized Toys get worse.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
This has to be the best smilie ever invinted!

:post pics:

Oh and glad to hear you got your truck!

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Congrats Bob! I'd love to see some pics when you get a chance.

And yeah I know what you mean with the wind howl. My driverside door does it real bad; drives me nuts! I was thinking maybe I needed new weatherstripping on that door.

ill get pics up as soon as i can.. i wasnt around all weekend cause i had to take my ranger up to pension her off at my upstate home.. so we decided to go the long way back so that we could pass Cabelas and do some shopping. $250 later and 700+ miles and we had a nice weekend.. truck rode great.. wife loved it and the kids ( daugher and her friend ) were comfortable too.. surprsingly too not bad gas mileage but it was pretty much all highway driving so that prolly helped.. i cant seem to post pics so if i can email them to someone who knows how to resize ill do that and someone can please post em for me

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
i havent forgotten you on that decal thng... im working on trying to get hold of a buddy who may have some rolls of the material.. he used to have a sign shop but he broke his computer thing and never fixed it he may still have the material
Ohh yeah find out if he's got extra vinyl. Also find out how old it is, vinyl has a shelf life before it gets old and brittle YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts