Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bronco Storage

Michigan
Well i got sick of having 2 tow straps, 4 ratchet straps, D rings, and a bunch of other crap scattered all over the inside of my truck.

I had plans of making a wooden storage box for the back of my truck, something i can lock up. So yesterday as i was christmas shopping for my family, i stopped into sears and saw something i couldnt leave without (like most things in that store).

Its a big lockable storage box. Thick sides, leak resistance, able to use it as a step, has a telescoping handle, and big plastic wheels, a shelf, and its lockable at both ends. On sale for 50 bucks and i couldnt pass that up...

So today i put all my stuff in there and put it in the back, then my dad started complaining about it not being strapped down, and how it could hurt me if i ever get in a accident. So he talked me into putting some tie downs inside the back of my truck so i can ratchet strap it down...

Well i put 4 tie downs in there, two up front and two in the back, just in case i have anything else in t here id like to tie down, and im still scratching my head thinkin why didnt ford do this in the first place. The exploders have em...

Well after drilling into my gas tank several times and patching it, i finally got them mounted where i wanted them. LOL JK

Heres some pics and tell me what u think. I like it!

Picture565.jpg

Picture566.jpg

Picture567.jpg

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I did that in MY 88 Bronco. I have wrecked and those 3 ton jacks hurt. :)

Looks like a new drill 2.

Michigan
lol yea thats my dads new drill lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Looks good man, Nice Idea

i had that in my ranger. my only suggestion...

does it have handles on the side? is there something other than the top you could strap it to? in the ranger, i put I-bolts out the back of the box and strapped it down to those. undoing the straps to get inside got old real quick.

Michigan
I can see your point. But the stuff i have in there is stuff that i wont need to have every day. Mainly for emergency's.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
What he said

BigRed1

Here comes trouble...
For a more permanent solution, some people drill 4 holes in the bottom of the storage unit, then through the Bronco floor, then bolt it down. Just make sure you use large flat washers in the bottom of the plastic bin to spread out the load in case of a hard hit.

Great solution!

rpoe

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts