Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Best place for replacement coils and leafs?

I run with scissors.

What's the best place to get replacement coil and leaf springs for my '79 F150 2wd?

And did Ford use different coil spring rates depending on engine? Example: Are the coil springs from a F150 with a 351M the same as an identical truck with a 302?

Thanks, I'm needing to get an idea of how much it's going to cost to get my truck the way I want it, and 4 new springs are part of the plan.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I got Moog brand at O'reilly thay seem fine, no problems in 5 years. It does matter what engine and also if it has A/C, or Heavy Duty suspension.

I have all the Moog or Sealed Power numbers you may need.

For my Truck and Mustang because Calgary has a Spring Manufacturing company Standen's Springs.. I got mine there made to MY Specs and they redrew them to meet that spec.

Yes there are different springs for different applications

When I put my 429 in my truck I opted for a 460 with A/C front coil spring application.
It is different than the 351m/400 app.

I also opted for Gabriel adjustable shock front and rear.

I pull a 4500 lb holiday trailer.

Last edited:

I run with scissors.

Awesome, I wasn't aware that Moog makes replacement springs. I checked the O'Reilly website and couldn't find anything.

Dennis, I'd gladly take some part numbers. Mine is a '79 F150 2wd that I'm swapping a 302 into. I'm looking for a smooth riding daily driver, and I won't haul a trailer very often.

Thanks.

Hey Dennis/others there isnt any "fab" mod work if I put 460 a/c springs on my 302 a/c is there? Isnt it pretty much take them off put them on? I ask because I am looking to put it slightly above the "stock" level (right now it sits an inch lower, yes the springs are decompressed that much I measured) I just dont want to get them if they wont bolt right up, as the cold is here I am not a fan of fab work when it is 15 degrees lol

Coil size and height but all fit the same way.

Found this post during a search...and I'm going to bring it back from the dead.

I need to replace my sagging drivers side leaf spring, but the local truck supply shops have new springs for $250 each. 0_o

I really only need one spring, but I hesitate to buy used or from a junkyard because I think a used my be in the same condition as mine currently and it may be a waste of $$. What do you guys think?

Should I replace the one drivers side sagging leaf spring with a new or used leaf spring?

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts