Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Maintenance Documentation???

Hey I have a question for the techs here... What would you consider to be reasonable documentation of performed maintenance? I enjoy doing that stuff on my truck and currently log it in an Excel spreadsheet that I use to track those items. As it is set up right now it only tracks back to the last time performed because that is all that is relevant to me for the purpose of determining when it is due next. I do not save parts receipts either. I am not sure of the value of any historical data past the last time performed and I would think that it is more important to show a good routine. When people start talking about denial of warranty on the basis of improper maintenance it makes me wonder. Dealing with the service department at two different dealerships now I've never thought to ask the question. I would imagine things would have to be pretty egregious for that to get called into question but I think it is worth asking anyway.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Bring it up to me there will be no question. Usually we like to see somthing official, receipts stuff like that, hand written things don't usually go well.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just keep slips. And some note to help figure out slips.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Save receipts....

When I change my oil and filter, I staple the Walmart receipt for the oil to the oil filter box top and write the date and mileage on it. This way I show that fresh oil and a filter was used and the date of service (which matches to my file).

My file for my '03 diesel Excursion is very thick as every receipt from the dealer or some other place is in there for my benefit, Ford's or if I ever sell the truck (which I won't).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts