Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Remote Start ???

Hey guys its been a while since I have been on here. Been kinda busy. But Im looking for a remote start for my truck. I found a few on ebay. But never heard of them name. I like it cause it has the lcd screen on the remote. eBay Motors: auto car alarm remote starter ST-A3 FM keyless entry (item 360109267376 end time Nov-23-08 15:36:00 PST) Im just not sure on how good it is being its cheap and I never heard of the name. What other ones would you recomend? Also how hard is it to install yourself? Dont wana spend alot of money on one but want on thats not junk. So any info would be great thanks. O do you need to put your spare key under the dash for it to work. I dont really wana get one made cause I hear they are expensive and dont wana use the spare key for that cause what if I lose the regular key for some odd reason never know. Thanks

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Mine is made by Bulldog Security and I LOVE it. They're one of the higher-ups in the remote starter biz. Here's the one I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Security-Remote-Vehicle-Starter/dp/B000F763O0

Got it on ebay a couple years ago for $75. Retail was like $200+. But that model is discontinued and they sell the Deluxe 500 instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Delux...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227319429&sr=1-1

Looks like a nice unit. The wiring is a bit of a pain... I wired up the remote start AND the keyless entry, cuz I didn't have keyless from the factory. It was something like 20+ wires that I had to tap in different places on the harness. Took me like 4+ hours from start to finish. Then several more hours debugging the damned thing :headbang:

With the right instructions it shouldn't take long. I helped Mike do his over the phone and he didn't have any problems.

Are you good with electrical work?

EDIT: Oh yeah-- I'd avoid that no-name brand like the PLAGUE. You don't want to be introducing any weird electrical gremlins into your truck. Trust me.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Tough to say... You don't really have to alter any of the stock circuits... You just have to tap INTO them... You might want to consult your warranty to make sure.

Well I found one. I was looking at Kc Autosound but then I went on google typed in Code Alarm and a website came up for www.autoalarmpro.com They are from Michigan and his prices were 20 or more dollars cheaper then kcautosound. Kcautosound wants 25 to prewire it and this other website doesnt charge for it. So im looking at the auto alarm pro its the third one down http://www.autoalarmpro.com/2_way_remote_starters hopefully I can order it soon and hopefully the install goes smooth. They say its really simple through this company cause they are prewired with these 3M clips or whatever. We will see real soon

I would like to go with kcautosound he has been helpful. I have asked a bunch of questions and he answered them really good. I asked him about what he could do on the price from the other website but he said unforunatly he cant do anything cause the warehouse is located in michigan and so is this other company and he cant compete with that. Where this alarm pro website is its not to far from where I live so I might just go pick it up myself. It just sucks the way the economy is I got to watch my money now and saving 50 or so bucks is alot.

Is that with an alarm? Im not sure if I want one or not but I can get one with an alarm prewired for 245 then add on like 30 for the by pass module. I was looking at another one that dont have the alarm and its 179 plus 30 for the module and both are prewired for my truck. The one for 245 had about 1400 feet of range and the one for 179 has about 2000 feet.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts