Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

likes and disklikes

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
just curious to what yalls likes and dislikes towards These SD's perferbly with the 7.3. What about the 5 speeds? (6 speeds?)

Thanks,
Anthony

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
My dislike is I don't have one lol :D

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
7.3 is a good dependable engine. It is starting to get hard to find low milage 7.3's. I love my superduty. I personally have 2 6.0's. I have a 04 F350 and a 05 Excursion. I don't think that you could go wrong wit a 6.0 truck.

I traded an '03 7.3 for my '05 6.0 truck. My '05 has been flawless at 48,000 miles compared to my 44,000 mile 7.3 that had an alternator (I realize that's not engine related), TPS, and a CPS that just about left me stranded.

I knew about the "history" of the 6.0 PSD prior to buying my '07. I chose the truck I did because in my mind it represented the best overall truck. I traded an '04 GMC Sierra 2500 on it. I never seriously considered the Dodge because I felt that the only thing it had going for it was the engine. If I could have negotiated the price of an 07 GMC Duramax down I may have considered one. I had nit picky issues with the one I owned(The 6.0L Vortec just seemed to strain with my boat at 5000 LBS and the gas mileage was pretty lousy among other things) but I really have nothing bad to say about them(GMC's). I have noticed on my Super Duty that the paint chips rather easy and I have some touch up to do here and there. I like the '08's with the e-coated frame, it sure beats the wax crap that is on mine. It may be just surface now but I do not like to see it. There are days I miss my GMC (mostly because it would have been paid for this year!) but overall I have to say that the the truck I have is impressive and I have lots of capacity to do whatever I will need it for.

John

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Don't like 6 speed geared odd.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I only have very limited experience with 'em, but I don't much like the seats.

Rode 3-up in a single-cab XLT ('04, IIRC) for about 6 hours one afternoon (pulling a trailer at 90+...), alternating between middle and passenger seat every time we stopped. Middle was about as comfortable as I'd expect, but the passenger's side wasn't a whole lot better. Way, way less comfortable than the gen 8 and 9 XLTs I've ridden in.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Seat can be a issue . WE have a05 f450 sd with buckets just like old 96 down f trucks. They r more comfy than any of the xlt seat I have road in.

Did theyfix the 6.0 ? Even a few Ford mechanics I know stay away from them.

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
...compared to my 44,000 mile 7.3 that had an alternator (I realize that's not engine related), TPS, and a CPS that just about left me stranded.
Exact same issues with my 7.3. Fragged the tranny however three months ago, but at 160k, I've been very satisfied.

Major cons:
-No rear seat cup holders (my '93 had'm???)
-No rear seat heating/AC vents (WTF???)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts