Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Never take a single bolt from granted.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I recently ordered a shoulder bolt for my 4x4 shifter on my 77 Highboy and WOW. $25.00 for it. Maybe I could have found something that would work, but I figured I wanted the right bolt. Anyway, I look all over my parts and could not find the original. When I tore the truck apart 3 years ago, I thought I keep everything that wasn't bad, but I didn't label everything and after 3 years I suppose I just misplaced it and couldn't find it. Oh well. I have the new one and it works. But, it just goes to show with these trucks and anything else, when taking things apart, keep anything that's good even if it's a single bolt.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I keep everything even the old parts until I'm finished.

That came in real handy when I replaced my clutch,

the hose fitting for the slave cyl. was a different size than my

old one and wouldn't connect. Took the old one off put on the new "O"ring "presto" problem solved.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I have boxes an buckets of odds and ends for the 8-96 truck . I'm suprised at what I have evey time I open a box.

Just yesterday I found 3 tach dash clusters for 91-93 . And allot of other junk.

Basically like u If packaged right extra parts dont take up allot of room. Also like you I didn't lable my bolts and fasteners so I search when I need them.

Uncle Buck, I have about 10 of those plastic cabinets that have 24-36 just for this purpose.. organizing everything Little part I come across.
Even at wrecking yards, if see some weird looking part no matter how small, I put it in a special carry bag and take it home for a special spot.

This is one reason while on FTE I always mentioned to people to contact me first before ordering something.

Being an NP ,you could have found the same part on another make truck at a wreckers

do you have a pic of the bolt for me to see ?

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i had all my bolts and crap in specific spots in my now stolen tool box usually close to whatever i had to use to take the damn thing off. i also have little bags of bolts and nuts in my ashtray all grouped together by wth they are and tied... well just tied. i haven't done enough to get confused as to what the leftovers are yet....

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Dennis, I installed the bolt to see how everything works and to adjust my linkage rod, but I need to take it apart again so I can sandblast the rod, paint it and what not. So, as soon as I take it apart I'll take a picture. Damn, I should have remembered you have quite a bit of parts. You may just have one of those bolts. I'll remember next time.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Dennis is like the "Godfather" of parts and information, Buck we must always remember this lol.

Yes, that's why it sucked that he was banned from FTE, but the good thing is that he is over here and we still can poke and prod at him for info. YelloThumbUp A big loss to FTE, but a big gain for FTF. I'm just hoping this site can get bigger and bigger.

Yes, that's why it sucked that he was banned from FTE, but the good thing is that he is over here and we still can poke and prod at him for info. YelloThumbUp A big loss to FTE, but a big gain for FTF. I'm just hoping this site can get bigger and bigger.

Agreed! I am trying to participate as much as I can. (never have been a general discussion person though I always stick to the tech threads lol)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I don't hang around the general discussion threads too much either. I mainly stay in the 73-79 section and over there the Nebraska Chapter since that's where my hometown is. You know us Cornhuskers have to stay together.

I forget the SN of your truck.
Is it this one

F250Transfercaselinkage.jpg

or this one?

NP20376-77F250.jpg

Thanks for the measurements ;)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts