Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

trailer hitch

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
unfortunately my truck did not come with one. Has any installed one on a bodystyle F-150?

I'm talking about the ones that mount to the frame. I figure with it being a boxed frame it could be a pain in the rear. I'm guessing since you can get one from the factory there is already holes there for it.

Also, is any one brand better than the other?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
'you get what you pay for' is what I've heard applies to trailer hitches. Plan on spending 150-200.

Ryan

econo61

head pervert
okla
my buddies 06 has it mounted between the bumper and the ends of the frame. looks like it might be easy to mount, but is so big it will cost a fortune!

I put an aftermarket one on my explorer and it bolted right up. I did have to lower the spare to get some bolts in though.:rofl:

It was one of those last minute deals for me. I found the 56 over below Knoxville and had to go get it. I oredered the hitch at O'reilly and got it the next morning. I didn't have time to order a ford one or order it from somewhere online.

It has worked just fine. No problems so far. YelloThumbUp

Dscf0197.jpg

yes, either the FOMOCO hitch or go to UHAUL and let them worry about it.
The Factory holes also have factory access holes, too. So No problem with the boxed frame.

I will not suppoort U-haul. They will not rent anything to an explorer owner supposedly because of the roll over mess with the first gens.

However, they will rent to Mazda Navajo's and Mercury Mountaineer's.

Excuse me...those are the same vehicles with different badges. confused

If you didn't know...U-haul was started by some guy many years ago. His kids kicked him out of the company. Now the U-haul company is nearly bankrupt...why? Because of the kids fighting and taking each other to court.

Everyone I know that has rented one of their trucks or trailers lately has had some sort of break down. On the trailers, its usually the lights. Trucks...it can be anything. A few weeks ago, my cousin and her family moved down to southern MO from WI in one. It left them stranded along the interstate for several hours with their kids. They will never deal with U-haul again.

Many of the U-haul trucks were removed from the roads in Canada a while back. They were stopped and inspected. They were deemed unsafe.

Deal with U-haul if you want...but I won't. I tell this same thing to everyone. Getting off my soap box now.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Only reason I deal with UHaul is that they're the only company that will let 19 year old me drive their trucks. I hate the way they do business, but...

reese hitches are pretty much un-box and bolt on. i ordered one for my 91 and it matches everthing perfect. i've yet to install it 'cause i want to add a few weld beads as well as the bolts and getting hooked up with mystep kid and his welder is like Ryan giving up spray paint or poetry.

don't get hurt, who'll miss me if i'm gone for any lenght of time, pookie

I guess he figures it would be too hard to UNBOLT when his stepkid shows up with the welder...

Actually that whole phrase was a little unclear... Does he want to hook up his stepkid to the welder, or does he want to hook up with his stepkid's welder??? that could be painful, at best~

thanks tom.... i was the one guy that defended you against the mullet issue and you throw me in the heap. just disgraceful

There was no mullet to defend. And since Ryan was at a loss for words, I stepped in :rofl:
Besides, you're the one hookin' up with a welder! You callin ME disgraceful?

goose, i can't say anything(as i grip my nuts with a pair of channel locks). apparently my allies have turned on my ass. i now need to parse my words and not stick up for anyone.
ohhh the in-humanity!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts