Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wheel protectant?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Anyone use any of the products out there that you put on after you clean your wheels that are supposed to help keep the brake dust off the wheel. I've seen a few but have never used them but with the new wheels I'm starting to consider.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. YelloThumbUp

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
better brakes...? lol!

Ryan

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
i hate fords new pads for the f150 and the expedition because they coat the wheels so bad. get some spray wax for your rims, and wipe off excess. also what you sould do is put the "hats" on behind the wheel that block the dust from coming out. you could always paint to match or whatever for a added touch.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I do it the easy way. Just don't use the brakes. All ya' need is the accelerator anyway.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
ceramic pads do have less dust, but at what cost. i feel like fomoco would put ceramics on if thats the case. the expe's and f150s have had alot of issues with the brakes upfront since the restyle. there has been rotor issues and rack issues and caliper issues all for rotor warpage. i would do the hats because of prolonged satisfaction with the truck. there is no proof of the hats causing over heating that i have heard of.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
well the ones i have seen on expeditions, yes because they are black and the wheel is silver. i have seen some others but you could always paint to match for a added detail.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts