Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Replacement panels?

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Where the place to shop for replacement panels? In terms of quality and low cost. Am Looking for a floor pan, pair of rocker panels, lower door skin and possibly others.

Is that ebay seller car parts the same products as LMC? I've read all their panels are garbage?

Tyl

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Where the place to shop for replacement panels? In terms of quality and low cost. Am Looking for a floor pan, pair of rocker panels, lower door skin and possibly others.

Is that ebay seller car parts the same products as LMC? I've read all their panels are garbage?

Tyl

I have heard good and bad about LMC. I would say look around all Ford truck sites for door panels if you want. If you need a dash pad let me know I have one that is extra nice.

Tyler: We used to buy body panels from aftermarket companies. Two of them actually. They have distributors all over the U.S.

One was Eagle aftermarket panels (something like that). The other was...let me think...umm...oh yeah. We bought most of them from Certi-fit.

I would imagine there is an "aftermarket auto body panel" supplier close to you. As far as I can tell...the aftermarket ones are all made in some foreign country and are about the same quality.

Do not expect any panel to just bold or weld on without some work though. We always had to try to fit, grind, try to fit, grind...etc. before they would bolt or weld on properly.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Any wreckers or body shop will have a catolog . There r several vendors so I wont throw names .

Most all r made in same factory . They do take tweeking to get to fit . But I have used then several times . And the locaol body shops also use them . Ask around.

P.S. with shipping from the on line guys and catologs. I can beat prices locally look around.

Low cost isn't always the best way to go...

Floor pans aren't that critical, but visible panels that are mad poorly get to be a huge PITA!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
....I can beat prices locally look around.

I wish I could! The nearest supplier is in the middle of AR (never heard of them back then) and that is who the local salvage yards and body shops use around here.

The ones we used were in OK City, OK and KC, MO (or KS-cant remember which side of the line they are on).

He should be able to ask some of the local "auto recyclers" (salvage yards) where to get them locally or at least close to home like you said.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Friend of mine says to use 'cross-canada' or 'goodmark'. I didn't think goodmark had Ford panels. I used to have a subscription to a classic truck mag, and goodmark would always be advbertized as having '67-'72 Chev truck panels.

I guess I'll go with the parts stores out here. Too mmany to choose from?

Tyl

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I wish I could! The nearest supplier is in the middle of AR (never heard of them back then) and that is who the local salvage yards and body shops use around here.

The ones we used were in OK City, OK and KC, MO (or KS-cant remember which side of the line they are on).

He should be able to ask some of the local "auto recyclers" (salvage yards) where to get them locally or at least close to home like you said.

Sorry With the 3 wreckers I also have 2 supply houses with in 40 miles. I guess I'm spoiled .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts