Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Political Threads And Their Cleanup

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
There have been several concerns by users about the political threads here at FTF. So I did a few things to help clean things up.

1) I moved all the political threads (at least from the first two pages of posts) into the Lounge forum
2) I edited the title of each political type thread I found to include the tag *POLITICAL* at the start of the title. I also added the caution triangle.

Please help us by doing a few simple things. If you want to post a political type thread please add the *POLITICAL* to the front of it and also add the little caution triangle. PLEASE put ALL political threads in the Lounge.

That way those folks that do not want to be involved in political discussions can easily avoid those topics. Believe it or not some people either don't care about politics or would rather not participate in them.

First and foremost FTF is a Ford Truck based website. The goal is to build it into the #1 Ford truck website. That being said we all have portions of our lives that have nothing at all to do with trucks and occassionally want to talk about those things. FTF understands that.

As FTF continues to grow we continue to meet new challenges. While FTF does not have any desire to censor any of it's users we do have a certain standard we are trying to hold to that will allow us to appeal to the broadest possible audience. The political tag allows members wishing to to engage in those type of conversations to do so and those that do not...well to avoid them.

Thanks in advance for everyones cooperation in this matter.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You got it Boss man:nana:

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Thanks man. I was getting extremely tired of politics.smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Fellro

Staff member
I agree with the move, things get heated easily in politics, a big part of why I abstain from excessive posting in those topics, gets tiresome anyway.

To those that don't wish to partake in it, you find that it is political, simply back out, and don't say anything. It is all about choice, I tend usually to choose to stay out, every once in a while something trips my trigger to go ahead and say something. Sometimes I regret getting involved, other times, I don't I try not to let it be too personal, and avoid making it such.

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
It's a start.

I would also suggest not only a Political Forum (if we're gonna do this), but a policy change in switching the 'burden of proof' with regards to posting information, onto the post Author. This may eliminate much of the bizarre, inaccurate claims I have seen as of recent. This would hold true for both a Political forum and, while we're at it, the Ford vs. The Rest forum here at FTF.

The 'Other' place did not have a political forum, but it did have however 'Ford vs. Comp', which was sometimes as equally of volitile subject. The forum had a sticky (amongst others) at one time that read something like:

STICKY: When posting information in this forum, please be prepaired to post the source of your information

This sticky went a long way in adding validity and credibility to the forum, IMO.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Thanks to everyone for the input.

At this point I was hoping to clean up the boards just a bit after concerns had been raised by several users.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts