Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

stupid ?

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
Is this a tie rod? If so, how bad is it that this one is warped, the other looks like it will go soon, & WHY has no one noticed??? It seems that this is obvious even to me.......
2874937810036932923S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm guessing I should replace both? What else should I look for?

Thanks
Lauriesmiliestirthepot

Fellro

Staff member
Yes, stabilizer link, the bushing is gone. Not hard to replace either. Tie rods connect the steering gear to the spindles.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
that is a very common issue with the 7.3s and early 6.0s 4wd trucks. there is a right and left link. the right one will have a heat shield on the top bolt.

korg70kbc

California Chapter member
that is a very common issue with the 7.3s and early 6.0s 4wd trucks. there is a right and left link. the right one will have a heat shield on the top bolt.
why is it common? I'm also worried the whole link needs 2b replaced cuz its warped compared to the other, which I see needs a new bushing too.
U guys r so helpful
THANKS

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
the only way to service it, is to replace the entire link. they run around 70 bucks from the factory. just the design and normal use pops the bushings out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts