Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

subaru headlights

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
A friend has a mid-late '90's Subaru wagon, and her low-beam headlights stopped working a couple days ago; I said I'd try to fix it.

High beams work, fogs work. I'm thinking either they've got low and high on separate relays and it needs a relay, or both bulbs are burned out. (It's entirely possible that she drove around for a month with only one headlight and never noticed.)

Any advice?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I would suspect a dimmer switch or your suggestion of both bulbs burned out.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Does she have separate bulbs for each beam? If not, it seems pretty possible to me that she was driving around with the low-beam element in 1 bulb burned out for a while, and only now noticed that the element in the other bulb burned out. Remove the bulbs and you'll have your answer YelloThumbUp

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I had an Isuzu that had 4 headlight fuses. One for each high and one for each low.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
If not, it seems pretty possible to me that she was driving around with the low-beam element in 1 bulb burned out for a while, and only now noticed that the element in the other bulb burned out.

Oh, it's more than possible...:hammer:

I guess I'll have to look at it before I can figure out which is easier to check first. I hope it doesn't have those stupid wire clips on the headlight bulbs...I don't have a good track record with those. (Better than my ex-roommate, though...who disassembled somebody's car, couldn't put it back together, called me, and then proceeded to be wrong about how every single piece he tried to tell me how went back in. :guns: )

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts