Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Keep my 255/70R15s or get a different size?

It's about that time for tires for the truck. First I guess I should say what truck it is. It's a 93 F150 2WD with a 3.08 rear end. The tire size that came with it when I bought it are 255/70R15. I know the standard is 235/75R15 and I like having a slightly wider tire like what's on there now but it's getting a little hard to find 255s that are reasonably priced. Is there another size to possibly experiment with at all that won't hurt anything? Thanks.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I like my BFG ATs 30-9.50-15Rs. The stiff sidewall doesn't roll when cornering.
They are a bit expensive at $130.00 ea.

Do not buy Yokohama Geolander H-T/S tires. I put a set of new 255/70/16s on my explorer (4X4 w/4.10 gears). I was broke and the tire shop put them on with just my word that I would pay for them when I could. No signature or anything.

They are great on completely dry pavement. They are so-so on wet roads.

They are absolutely horrible on snow or ice. I slide all over the place even in 4 low. My moms minivan gets around better in it. :headbang:

When they wear out...they are gone. I will be looking at BFGs or something.

I am not familiar enough with sizes to make a recommendation to you. Just a warning on what not to buy.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just finding any 15" tire over 215 70 in stock is getting hard .

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
definately go with 265/70/15. It's hardly bigger than your previous size. It's common and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

IMG_0117.jpg

Ryan

I like the way the 255's lower truck little with being just as wide. Its a 4x2 after all .

Did anyone else notice he posted a picture of the pretty side of the bed? smiliestirthepot

Lost: I have not looked for 15" tires in a real long time. Unless you count the very short (215/70/15s) used ones I stuck on the 56. The local shop just happened to have a set of 4 that only had a few thousand miles on them.

One had a tiny splatter of white road paint on it. Some rich person traded them in I guess. [confused]

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I'm due for new ones next year . Throwing winter treads on for the white stuff.

I decided to go with 255's unless I find a quite truck tire.

In the midst of patching a screw hole in one of the tires I discovered the previous owner put a friggen plug in the sidewall, so now I really need to get tires now. I'm just going to stick with the 255s and call it. BFG has a tire that's got my interest.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts