Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How Fast

blacksnapon

Staff member
Uh.. its against the law to go more than 70. 50 lashes to the bad cop!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Ok guys so how fast will my stock 2006 F350 FX4 CC Lariat PSD go? The speedometer stopped at 100..................
When I had the Edge Platinum on mine, set at level 6, in Okalahoma on a long straight stretch, I hit 132 according to the Edge readout. :) Of course, she had more, but I started thinking about those stock tires and if a front one blew on 8000 pounds, what would I do. The steering wheel was in the way of kissing my a$$ goodbye, so I backed off. Made some good time for a bit though. :cooldude:

Without turning off the speed limiter - that's all it would do and I wonder how u got that high :)
heard most stock trucks stop @ 98 :)

In the winter time when there is not the summer heat helping to heat the stock tires I'd try it :)

but give me a set of speed rated 8000 lb tire and I'd go 150 :)

www.texasmile.com

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Without turning off the speed limiter - that's all it would do and I wonder how u got that high
The stock speed limiter can be bypassed. :) Simple to do. When you hit the speed limiter, simply turn the key over to start like you were trying to start it again, and it'll keep going. It WON'T crank over. It has a protection circuit to prevent that, but it'll bypass that limiter. Now, I haven't tried that, but that's what I've read on numerous forums by some respected people.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts