Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tailgate Wiring

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well I decided to mess with that today. Was hittin switch down and up and nothing, then it started to go down but not up, then it just stopped totally, so I opened the tailgate and oh lord what a mess of wiring. So they were all butt connected and all pulled apart. Then I looked into the tailgate at the wiring as the back panel was off, and oh lord yea more hack wiring. So I fixed the wiring and still didnt work so I was like wtf, got out the test light and power comming in and out. When up and down is pressed. So I was like motor? Then I did more proddin and I pulled the tail light to see the connector and it dont look good. Then I noticed the ground wasnt attached to anything. So I got a self tapper and reattached it. Still nothing. I have 2 wires that arnt going to anything. There is a black with a white stripe, and a blueish with a green or purple stripe that arnt going to anything. But only 3 wires come out of the tailgate. Anyone have a wiring diag for this system?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
This is for a 95. Perhaps the wiring is the same.

clipboard01il1.jpg

Do you want the wiring for the taillights too?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
By the looks of it, it looks like the key switch has been bypassed/unhooked, plus the safty switch. Right now its wired p/lg to the y/r wire and the p/lb to the r/y wire. There are 4 wires comming out of the body to the tailgate and 3 comming out of the tailgate. The p/lg and p/lb come out and a b/w that was connected to a ground wire, that wasnt connected that I reconnected. So I think I just have to wire the pinks straight to the motor and see what happens caus that wiring is so hack.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts