Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It's Alive!!!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I finally was able to get my motor and tranny set in. My brother who built the motor at his mechanic shop in Nebraska was able to get it up to me and we spent a couple days getting it together. It's been 3 years in the making up to this point. Project is going slow, but it'll get done someday. I was even able to drive it out of the garage. Then my steering gear blew it's pitman arm seal so it leaked all over so I had to shut it down after 15 or 20 minutes. But, I was able to hear it run for awhile and my brother tuned it a bit. It was kinda funny. After I started it up (with open headers) my neighbors ran out of their house to see what the hell was going on. They knew I had been working on it. Hopefully it didn't bother them too much, but they'll get over it if it did.

The motor is a 460 (521 stroker). It was supposed to be built for street use/daily driver, but the compression ratio came out to be 10.5 to 1 so I elected to run E 85. It wasn't my initial plan. The stroker kit I bought was supposed to be made for street use and it would have been if I put in a bigger cam, but I didn't want to do that. And I wanted to use the trickflow aluminum heads I bought. I'll just see how it runs for now. It sounded pretty good when it fired up and after it shut down, it smelled like whiskey. It was pretty cool, the intake was cold when it was running. I need to get more pics, but here is one my wife shot.

IMG_0893.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Dude!!! That's freakin awesome. Congrats brother.

Ps. I'm in love with that paint. Might have to dump Trista and ask the paint to marry m... No wait that makes no sense.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Great news .

Yep nice color . Next truck I redo if not black it will be Bimini Blue

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks guys. I have to get the paint code from my buddy who painted the truck. It is a modern paint code, possibly from a Lincoln application, but not sure. I got the idea from my brother who had some NAPA blue paint in which he painted flames on his mudtruck and really liked it. The downfall is, a gallon of the paint i used is VERY EXPENSIVE. But, seeing it on the truck is well worth it. I just can't wait to get the rest of the truck put together.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts