Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

popping noise

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've got the same exact noise. Same symptoms too.

I'm thinking it's either a radius arm bushing or pivot arm bushing. Wild guesses though.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
check the lower shock bushings, mine were GONE and i heard that popping when turning or stopping or over bumps, turns out without the bushings the friggin shocks were rotating and clicking the mounting eyes against the bracket :headbang:

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Thank you Skank, the worst part was that happened with the brand new skyslacker shocks i JUST installed at the end of summer :(
Both front bushings GONE, so i just robbed some bushings off old CJ (yess jeep) shocks i found in the shop. These shocks were skyjacker lift from the 80's andwere are a MUCH strnger rubber compound than the ones i got in 2008...thanks skyslacker

If that is your problem then its real easy to replace without even removing the shock, i did it with the truck on the ground,but im lifted so you may have to jack up the frame (not under the axle because you will have to compress the shock more to get it back in) Then simply unbolt the bottom, compress it enough to gte out of the bracket, swap bushings (WD 40 very helpful) compress it enough to get back in the bracket and bolt it up.

I found that laying flat under the truck and using a bench press motion works best for compressing the shocks since you can cup the bottom cause just pushing up while grabbing them wont work, your hands will slip before you move it (at least with my nitrogen charged shocks :suspicious: )

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts