Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

cut and paste-6.4 workshop manual-look in the middle

blacksnapon

Staff member
P1260 Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized PCM REFER to Section 419-01B.
P1397 System Voltage Out Of Self Test Range PCM REFER to Section 414-00.
P1501 Vehicle Speed Sensor Out Of Self Test Range TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1633 Keep Alive Power Voltage Too Low TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1635 Tire/Axle Out Of Acceptable Range TCM REFER to Section 418-01 (diesel engine only).
P167F Non-OEM Calibration Detected TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1702 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Intermittent TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1705 Transmission Range Circuit Not Indicating Park/Neutral During Self Test TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1711 Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Out Of Self Test Range TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1744 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Performance TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1780 Transmission Control Switch (O/D Cancel) Circuit Out Of Self Test Range TCM REFER to Section 307-01 (diesel engine only).
P1783

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
That's a good thing in my book. Why should Ford pay for warranty work that could be caused by aftermarket mods. That just raises prices for everybody.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I actually saw that dtc in 6.4 training (Nov.06). It disappeared shortly thereafter. Now, its clearly listed in both the 08 and 09 manuals.

so right

From what I've been told, that dtc is unaffected by disconnecting the batteries.
i went oriellys an bought a obd and tells you everything cost about 130.00 disconnect battery does not work. hey living in waynesville do you shot pool at OB 'S or know adam or angela vallair or his parents.

blacksnapon

Staff member
i went oriellys an bought a obd and tells you everything cost about 130.00 disconnect battery does not work. hey living in waynesville do you shot pool at OB 'S or know adam or angela vallair or his parents.
The aftermarket scanners and code readers will only show information that has been released by the manufacturers. They have to buy (or lease) the rights to use the information. I dont know either of those folks. I'm not one that gets out much.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Want to ask me again why my truck is going to stay stock??smilieeatndrink smiliestirthepot smiliepeelout YelloThumbUp

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I talked with Matt about that in great depth. He made no bones about it that Ford was serious. The ammount of things that the computer looks at and compairs against is actually kind of brain numbing. There is a way around it, but it is not a $130.00 scan tool, $700 tuner or anything like that. As well as its also not as simple as changing the pcm/tcm from another truck. Best bet is to leave it stock, or if your hunting mileage, get a truck with 4.10 or 4.30 (which ever is suited to your towing style) and add a gearvendor overdrive for mileage.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts