Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 Fuel Filters

when it comes to fuel filters you would be very smart to use nothing but motorcraft!!smiliepeelout

yup, I was just stating the obvious...

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Found a good deal on ebay if anyone is interested.. A case of 6 fuel filters. Buy it now price $65.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racor...d=p3911.c0.m14

Racor Wix 33599 6.0L Ford ITEC NAVISTAR Diesel Filters Item number: 300255302831

Confused a little by your post above....

Yes, Racor is the OEM manufacture of the Motorcraft fuel filter and can be bought for $35.00/ea or so at your local Int'l truck dealer.

Above you wrote Racor/WIX... and WIX fuel filters are not Racor made... nor are their oil filters (use to be)!!!!

Use only Racor, Motorcraft or Int'l fuel filters... if WIX is anywhere on the box or if not sure as posted above (Racor/WIX)... it's not OEM spec'd!!!

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I got jacked by some filters on ebay. The picture showed the correct filter but when I received them they did not have the aqua block on them. So from now on I will just go to the international dealer. I guess I now agree that a bought lesson is a learned lesson.

I have had good luck getting motorcraft filters on ebay for a decent price, you just have to keep watching!:hammer:

MikeStoke

Army Firefighter
Here is what they are.. Are they ok to use or did I get taken on Ebay? :suspicious:

Attachments

• DSCF2717.JPG
  • DSCF2716.JPG
  • DSCF2715.JPG

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Mike,

Those look correct.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Here is what they are.. Are they ok to use or did I get taken on Ebay? :suspicious:

The ones pictured look correct as they have the "aqua-bloc" material on the large filter. For a while, Napa went their own way and made non-OEM filters... but maybe they went back to Racor to have them made for themselves?

Here is a link from an earlier post about OEM/Racor made fuel filters and what to look for... as well as the box top end to an Int'l dealer bought filter.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360

Enjoy...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts