Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2001 F150 keeps blowing Fuse f15

Bob G

BGF250
PA
All,
Got a tough one to troubleshoot. My F150 2001 4x4 truck blows the 5 amp fuse (f 15) while setting overnight. This locks out the Gear shift (auto). when I replace the fuse it will start and everything works but when it sets for a couple hours or overnight it blows the fuse again. I have looked for pinched wires or anything obvious but nothing that I can Find. Can't figue out why it happens over time setting. Do you guys have any thoughts?

blacksnapon

Staff member
5Generic Electronic Module (GEM), Brake Pedal Position (BPP) Switch, RABS Module

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
mine did the same thing If I remember right I had to put a 30A fuse to hold and until now I forgot all about it. hmmmm....wonder why???

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
5Generic Electronic Module (GEM), Brake Pedal Position (BPP) Switch, RABS Module

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid I would be looking at the GEM, that looks like the only thing using power all the time. The BPP switch would need to be pressed to complete the ckt, which also gives a signal to the ABS.

Ford Truck Articles