Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1987 F150 4x4 5.0....

I'm new to this site and hope that you can help either answer my question or point me in the direction of the appropriate forum.... here's my question:
I have a 1987 Ford F150 4x4 with a 5.0. Everything on the truck appears to be a "one off" and none of the Chilton's or parts houses have info relevant to my truck. I just had to replace the starter solenoid on the truck, the old one exploded into several pieces, and the replacement is not the same as the one that blew up. Now I'm not sure how to properly rewire the new solenoid. Can you tell me what goes where?
Thanks
Txbull

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I'm new to this site and hope that you can help either answer my question or point me in the direction of the appropriate forum.... here's my question:
I have a 1987 Ford F150 4x4 with a 5.0. Everything on the truck appears to be a "one off" and none of the Chilton's or parts houses have info relevant to my truck. I just had to replace the starter solenoid on the truck, the old one exploded into several pieces, and the replacement is not the same as the one that blew up. Now I'm not sure how to properly rewire the new solenoid. Can you tell me what goes where?
Thanks
Txbull

The solinoid mounts to the inner fender correct?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The correct starter solenoid: E9TZ11450B (Motorcraft SW1951C)

MSRP: $37.22 / FTFpartsguy.com price: $20.10

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts