Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1st 6.4 Report

My nephews company got their first 6.4, an F550 stake truck. Their fleet manager related to me a few of his initial thoughts on the truck.

1) It's gonna take a while to get used to the new looks, maybe it will grow on him.

2) While driving it down the road, other than some turbo whistle, you can't tell it's a diesel.

3) On the 40 mile round trip he took it on, it got a whopping 8.7 MPG!! He's gonna check on what gearing the truck has and it's empty weight as that might be a contributing factor besides, the mileage on the truck was only in the double digits...far from broken in.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
ill bet it has a 480 gear. the more these trucks idle the more regens they do which means less fuel mileage, so idling may have also been a factor.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
the more these trucks idle the more regens they do which means less fuel mileage, so idling may have also been a factor.
Any ideaa if they can be made to High-Idle like the 6.0 and if that'll help reduce the regens?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I had that feeling. Hmmm, Imagine how often it would regen if bigger injectors like mine were added. There's enough smoke out of mine that cars behind me dang near have to stop and wait for it to clear up. lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts