Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Your suggestions for a new toy

Ok so dad/I have a 289 (five bolt bell housing) in a '64 Galaxy w/ a green dot C4 tranny.

Its was rebuilt in '93 or '94 bored out .030 over w/ the stock heads replaced for a set of 302's, idk what year :headbang: dad drove it for a while then i got it. We parked it in '00 iirc and it hasn't been on the road since.

Well now dad wants to get the engine back on the road, so what would be a good body to put it in?

Dads first choice would be a '69 Torino he had one in the 70's dropped the drive shaft on side the Hwy and walked away.

I was thinking about a '80s model Fairmont, same chassis as a fox mustang.

------------

So what do yall think, or give me some other ideas for the body or drive train.

Ok so dad/I have a 289 (five bolt bell housing) in a '64 Galaxy w/ a green dot C4 tranny.

Its was rebuilt in '93 or '94 bored out .030 over w/ the stock heads replaced for a set of 302's, idk what year :headbang: dad drove it for a while then i got it. We parked it in '00 iirc and it hasn't been on the road since.

Well now dad wants to get the engine back on the road, so what would be a good body to put it in?

Dads first choice would be a '69 Torino he had one in the 70's dropped the drive shaft on side the Hwy and walked away.

I was thinking about a '80s model Fairmont, same chassis as a fox mustang.

------------

So what do yall think, or give me some other ideas for the body or drive train.

Fail-mont? No way. :hammer:

Torino sounds awesome.

whats wrong with the galaxie exactly?

bobf100

I've got a 289 and C4 in my 56 F100. Take a look at the older classic trucks - there are tons of aftermarket parts suppliers depending upon which year and model you choose.

It's been though hell and back, too beat up it would need a complete front end rebuild along with the grill core support finder and other body work.

The reason behind the Fairmont was I'd seen one in 5.0 or muscle mustang that had the front clip from a mustang grafted on looked sweet. jmo

I've got a 289 and C4 in my 56 F100. Take a look at the older classic trucks - there are tons of aftermarket parts suppliers depending upon which year and model you choose.

I'll run the truck idea by him and see what he says, I do know he's looking for/ wants a hwy cruiser

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Pinto.

was that too weird? lol. BTW, I have a 5 bolt bellhousing laying around.

be that as it may, I don't think that dad would go for it. He wants a plush/ comfy hwy cruiser.

I kinda like that idea, what about the suspension dos anybody make performance parts for it, or will mustang stuff work?

The merc version of the Mav, the Comet, had a v8 option. might look into it. my brother had one in 75, and it was quite the lil torker. laid a 60 foot patch of rubber bone stock on dry pavement.

Any difference in the look between them? Do you know if the suspension pieces can be swapped out for mustang stuff?

I'd like to find a mid size 4 door car, that way you can haul people and ass at the same time.

If I recall correctly, the front clips were identical to the stangs. As far as looks, it was hard to tell the difference without looking at the badges, lol. There was a four-door version; I rode in a neighbor's '75 four-door to school once in a while.
LOL... come to think of it, I also got to ride in a '69 mach one (another neighbor), too... and even a '71 Charger (don't hate it just cuz it's DODGE lol). Man, it's emotional to think now of all the cool cars and trucks that were in my neighborhood!

Used to be able to put CHiP clips on em... but not those Mustang IIs....*shudder*

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts