Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Blue berrie's ,black berries' peaches OH MY

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Its that time of year . Storing away the bounty for the following year

Wife has been busy canning and freezing Blueberries , And adding them to the strawberries and elder berries in freezer . These will be the jelly and other goodies for the year .

Also getting ready for peach jams and
makeing pickles and freezing the green beans from our garden .

Couple weeks tomatoes and corn will be in full force. Be canning them.

Yah we can just go to store and buy . But are homemade stuff is so much better/healthy.

I also hope to go pick black berries my back permitting .

Kudos to the wife .

What did you grow up with . If it grew my Familly canned it.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
you sound like me I can everything I can grow.
I have a strawberry patch and tons of Black and red raspberries in my garden.
I make and can my own spaghetti sauce I have won 1st place at the fair every year I enter it in.

I used to can corn but now I freeze it. Green beans have to be canned they aren't good frozen.
We plant potatoes and cabbage,beans,peppers,cukes,squash and about every veggie that can be grown here except peas I don't like peas.
We have our own apple,pear,cherry and plum trees. tried peachs but they never produced well here too cold I guess.

LITTLESUNRAY

Pennsylvania Chapter Member
dang, sounds like you guys are going to be all set for the winter time. It has been years since I had black berries or raspberries, when my dad was alive when we would go down to my oldest sister's house she would send us out to go and get some berries but I hardly came back with a full big container she sent me out with lol, and home made jam is the best. Like you said Kudos to the wife.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I make and can my own spaghetti sauce I have won 1st place at the fair every year I enter it in.

I used to can corn but now I freeze it. Green beans have to be canned they aren't good frozen.
We plant potatoes and cabbage,beans,peppers,cukes,squash and about every veggie that can be grown here except peas I don't like peas.
We have our own apple,pear,cherry and plum trees. tried peachs but they never produced well here too cold I guess.

We been cooking & freezin beans for 3 years Take longer to cook (less tender) but less work

We r limited as we only have acher and it is separated by a creek .
But when I move to family farm the orchard will be first on list . All the trees there r 100 + years old and basically done.

I'm sooooo glad you're not also collecting Dingle Berries. That would scare me Lost!

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
I'm sooooo glad you're not also collecting Dingle Berries. That would scare me Lost!

man alot has scared you lately. everything ok with you carl?

yes Mike.......I'm easily scared lately! Can you friggin blame me???????????

sicktight722

Greatest man alive
we pick blueberries and freeze them, but my mom also makes fig jelly, and her and my dad can an or pickle anything that they can grow in the garden. Right now its mostly okra and peppers being pickles. They are also vacume packing some corn for the winter months.

LITTLESUNRAY

Pennsylvania Chapter Member
hey Carl why is everything scaring you lately? Did you get bit by some kind of bug or something cause this does not sound like the normal Carl that I know lol. Hope things are ok though for you.

ANN Found

Mrs. Lost

Wow, sounds like you are really busy, too. I would love to learn how to make spaghetti sauce. YUM!!! Oh, and I am with you on the peas, yuck!

Oh, excuse me... I thought this was the Cell Phone section....

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts