Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gas mileage

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So I got a new program on my iPhone that lets input fillups and odometer readings to track my gas mileage, fuel expenditures, etc etc. Well I was already a freak about tracking my gas mileage so I had a bunch of receipts saved up in my center console. This only represents about half of them but there was a missing receipt so I couldn't continue without it being inaccurate.

Anyways! The program allows me to dump the values into an email and then import them into excel. So I did just that, and dressed it up with a little formatting. It's kind of fun to see ALL the numbers at one time, instead of one at a time when I fillup and do the math at the pump :rofl:

picture1bm6.png

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
+1 on the Bronco tank...

I usually 350-400 miles between fill-ups :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah Aaron I came up with that same number... Though I don't know if that's an accurate estimate since the spreadsheet covers some of of the summer months in which I don't drive quite as much.

But yeah--- the trips on each tank of gas are short and quite annoying. I've already found a guy on pirate that is going to give me his bronco tank + pump for free when he parts his truck. Hopefully he won't flake.

andym

Real men are fanatics
Nerd. smilietease

Damn Chris, might be worth driving 55 just to save some gallons...

andym

Real men are fanatics
I don't drive any faster than 57 or 58 anymore in my trucks. They burn so much more gas driving at higher speeds.

I notice that the high gas prices aren't *really* affecting people though. I take I-80 a couple times a week and never go above 60. It's rare that I ever pass a vehicle. Trucks, SUVs, RVs, all cruise by me at 65 to 75.

If the cost of gas really was a problem, people would slow down, so obviously it's not that big of a deal.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I always try to drive 65 unless it's a small highway (like 1-2 lanes) and the speed of traffic forces me to go faster without endangering myself and those around me.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I usually cruise at 70-75 mph, and yes.. my gas mileage sucked in the truck at that speed. Hell, it sucked all the time.. my right foot weighs thirty pounds. The malibu gets pretty decent mileage all the time, all facts considered.

Michigan
I went through over an eight tank of diesel in my dads truck and i only drove a total of 10 miles :( I have that problem ryan, my foot is so heavy!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts