PDA

View Full Version : North West Chapter

1970Custom
07-26-2008, 02:27 AM
Anybody interested in the idea? Might be fun to get something going like what was once abundant on the "other" site....

Eric..I edited your original post to see if you guys want to make a go at it--Aaron

mrfixit
07-26-2008, 07:50 AM
You going to go underground, too?

polarbear
07-26-2008, 12:16 PM
What am I missing- don't we already have one Eric?

Skandocious
07-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Uh yeah... We're in it... LOL

polarbear
07-26-2008, 01:08 PM
And they think I'm the one getting old and senile around here.... sheesh!

1970Custom
07-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm thinking regional, we've got eight states in the conglomeration and just thinking maybe something easier for group things when the site blows up in numbers....

(It was late, my mind was gone, what can I say?)

polarbear
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, ND, SD, AK

Always interesting to see what the rest of the country considers the Northwest. We refer to Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas as "back East."
We also think British Columbia is the part of the Northwest with that odd border crossing.

RocketScience
07-26-2008, 03:08 PM
[I]...Always interesting to see what the rest of the country considers the Northwest...WA., OR., ID. in my book, but that's just me.

Question, Eric...
Why would a guy from CA. care?......LOL :suspicious:

1970Custom
07-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Probably because I'm still a resident of Idaho...

mtflat
08-01-2008, 09:23 AM

Always interesting to see what the rest of the country considers the Northwest. We refer to Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas as "back East."
We also think British Columbia is the part of the Northwest with that odd border crossing.

I consider western Montana to be in the northwest. Once you cross the divide it's a whole different state. We are part of the upper Columbia drainage.

Historically, this part of the state was intended to be part of ID, but the surveyors got on the wrong mountain range and here we are - AFAIK.

We refer to eastern Montana as the 'east side' but what really makes the point is Missoula - which is East Seattle!

CaFordDude
08-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Eric, Ernie etc...Is an actual chapter something you guys want to try and get going president etc...?

If so and you guys want it to be a grouping of states let me know. I will talk to the admins about it and see what they think.

Anyways let me know and I'll see what I can do.

polarbear
08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Eric--- what say?

As far as the Pacific Northwest, I'd be thinking Oregon/Washington/Idaho, and at least part of Montana. smilietease mtflat is right- The Rockies are the divider, just like Colorado. Parts of Colorado look just like Kansas.

1970Custom
08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
I'd go for it, maybe get some of the old group in on it and add even more to this site's worth...

polarbear
08-12-2008, 11:59 PM
all except one...

I'm thinking more "fresh start" here. NWU is good, but headed a completely different direction than where this forum is.

1970Custom
08-13-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm thinking more along the technical lines, but I get what you're saying too.

Not sure where we'd pull new members from though, seeing as we're both banned from that "other" place...

Brian_B
08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
all except one...

I'm thinking more "fresh start" here. NWU is good, but headed a completely different direction than where this forum is.

It is headed in a different direction. Nothing wrong with that. Just different. I still go over there and poke around. I was over there a while ago as a matter of fact. ;)

1970Custom
08-13-2008, 12:20 AM
I know, I seen you pokin' round....

Brian_B
08-13-2008, 12:22 AM
I know, I seen you pokin' round....

EWWWW! Now I have an internet stalker. :(

How did KRP get rid of hers?

1970Custom
08-13-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm a moderator, it's my job to see who's where...

IDK how she got rid of hers, can't for the life of me remember who it was (although there one name that comes to mind all of a sudden)...

polarbear
08-13-2008, 12:40 AM

How did KRP get rid of hers?

Her father placed a phone call and threatened legal action, if we're thinking of the same person. I believe that also got her banned.:(

1970Custom
08-13-2008, 12:42 AM
THATS RIGHT!!! I remember now.... perverts anyway...

polarbear
08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm thinking more along the technical lines, but I get what you're saying too.

Not sure where we'd pull new members from though, seeing as we're both banned from that "other" place...

We have friends. :) Most of them have myspace, as I recall.

1970Custom
08-13-2008, 12:49 AM
There's one on here from your neck of the woods with a BLUE truck... Get his ass down to this section of the forum...

CaFordDude
08-13-2008, 12:54 AM
I was even thinking along the lines of the Pacific Northwest Chapter for a name.

And as far as members go...With the exception of the MO chapter they all are growin a little slow but as membership increases, I think people will fall into place.

3 active members and one president is what Scott was/is lookin for to get started. If you have that I will bring the idea to him.

polarbear
08-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Well, who have we got? Myself, KRP, Eric, Rocketscience, snowbunny, babybunny. Who am I missing?

CaFordDude
08-13-2008, 01:08 AM
And EL Presidente is?

polarbear
08-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I nominate

http://a186.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/63/l_c4e3daaf1183bd5cfbcf3ed1c2eda6e1.jpg

Brian_B
08-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Her father placed a phone call and threatened legal action.........

I wonder if I can sue Eric in small claims court then? :suspicious:

Yes...the same person is who I am talking about.

godblessmud
08-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Which "other" site are we refering too? cause FT* had a HUGE northwest/WA chapter that eventually got so out of control that i left it and focused on the offroad section which then got broken up by admins after we hassled some fools in the 04-08 F150 catagorys about their BFG ATs...so we all split and focused on either NWU or pirate or here

Id rather NOT have that sort of chain reaction happen again haha, and to be honest i dont think we have enough regular users to bother with regional chapters since it seems to be the same 5-10 people posting routinely

polarbear
08-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Which "other" site are we refering too? cause FT* had a HUGE northwest/WA chapter that eventually got so out of control that i left it and focused on the offroad section which then got broken up by admins after we hassled some fools in the 04-08 F150 catagorys about their BFG ATs...so we all split and focused on either NWU or pirate or here

Id rather NOT have that sort of chain reaction happen again haha, and to be honest i dont think we have enough regular users to bother with regional chapters since it seems to be the same 5-10 people posting routinely

I was kind of hinting that I didn't want to see us go those directions. And I knew I forgot someone.

godblessmud
08-13-2008, 02:19 AM
I was kind of hinting that I didn't want to see us go those directions. And I knew I forgot someone.

i wonder was i the one with teh BLUE truck you were being hinted to get in the chapter? lol

yes the old NW chapter had some good times until the super-perverted alcoholics began to outnumber the rest of us plain ol' alcoholics and it just got weird, creepy, a little scary, and a lot angering! Worst part is alot of them have kids :( that thought genuinly worries me

polarbear
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
i wonder was i the one with teh BLUE truck you were being hinted to get in the chapter? lol

yes the old NW chapter had some good times until the super-perverted alcoholics began to outnumber the rest of us plain ol' alcoholics and it just got weird, creepy, a little scary, and a lot angering! Worst part is alot of them have kids :( that thought genuinly worries me

Just to clarify, I've met most of those guys, gone wheeling with them, and been to GTG's. Met their wives, kids, etc. They're no where near as far out there as the posting might lead you to believe. Most of them, anyways. A couple might be a little further out there than you might think, but they're the exception, not the rule.

Great group of guys and ladies, unbelievably wide range of ages and demographics. Everything from the HS kid that can barely afford to fill the truck to medical professionals, engineers, successful small-business owners, and about all points in between.

Just wanted to post that up- the former Northwest Chapter was not, in real life, what it presented itself to be on the internet. The people, though, very very real- and genuine.

surewhynot
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
North west chapter?????

We can type that without being censored?? :p

I love this place. :D:D:D

Brian_B
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Yep...you can even say NWU and post a link to it if you like.

Isn't that amazing? :D

KRP
08-13-2008, 10:08 PM

How did KRP get rid of hers?Her father placed a phone call and threatened legal action, if we're thinking of the same person. I believe that also got her banned.:(
no... I told him that if he didn't start treating me with respect that I would personally come over there and beat him like a red headed step child.
YOU didn't place that call till I was banned for acting like a immature 2 year old(:

and bigger question; Why are threads lately being hijacked and taken in the direction of me having a stalker?
I thought I left those all behind on the other site... guess not. smiliestirthepot

Also, as long as we have a chapter lead that will knock peoples crap off if old members do join, I'd be down for another NWC. It was fun, but this is more of a family friendly site and I like it that way.

Brian_B
08-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I brought it up this time because of Tony following me around. I will drop it. Sorry.

KRP
08-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I brought it up this time because of Tony following me around. I will drop it. Sorry.
its fine, I'm just giving ya guys a little crap smilietease

1970Custom
08-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I thought I smelt something...

CaFordDude
08-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Just to clarify, I've met most of those guys, gone wheeling with them, and been to GTG's. Met their wives, kids, etc. They're no where near as far out there as the posting might lead you to believe. Most of them, anyways. A couple might be a little further out there than you might think, but they're the exception, not the rule.

Great group of guys and ladies, unbelievably wide range of ages and demographics. Everything from the HS kid that can barely afford to fill the truck to medical professionals, engineers, successful small-business owners, and about all points in between.

Just wanted to post that up- the former Northwest Chapter was not, in real life, what it presented itself to be on the internet. The people, though, very very real- and genuine.

I'd like to take some time to second what Ernie said here. The NWC certainly had/has a reputation of being rather rambunctious (lets use that word even if it is spelled wrong).

I said it before but it bears repeating. the NWC was always more about friends then Fords. Sorry if I am bursting anyones bubble here but it's true. Those guys would drive a country mile just to give you the shirt off their back before they thought about saying no to helping someone out. They are just about the most honest, helpful, thoughtful, caring bunch of people I have ever had the pleasure of calling my friends.

Like Ernie said, they are managers, business owners, doctors, lawyers, mechanics and every day joes.

Just thought that needed saying...

4r100-3
08-14-2008, 12:58 AM

I am one of those folks from the othersite who has kids and does drink occasionally. Mud, do you believe everything you read on the internet? If so, you gots issues. Don't mean to tell you what you should and shouldn't do, but if you've gone and met some of the people there, you'd be surprised. The Bunnies know who I am and what I can do--Hurting the next morning for sure.--I also had friends at that shin dig that I had known for about 11years, before I had kids.

I wouldn't mind there being 3/4 state chapter. 8 hours to get to a G2G is about as far as I would go. Did two this year already, Bend and Winchester Bay, OR and then one more coming up to Spokane for Live DP tuning.

None of this prolly makes sense, I have had a few (3) tonight.

polarbear
08-14-2008, 01:34 AM
I'd like to take some time to second what Ernie said here. The NWC certainly had/has a reputation of being rather rambunctious (lets use that word even if it is spelled wrong).

I said it before but it bears repeating. the NWC was always more about friends then Fords. Sorry if I am bursting anyones bubble here but it's true. Those guys would drive a country mile just to give you the shirt off their back before they thought about saying no to helping someone out. They are just about the most honest, helpful, thoughtful, caring bunch of people I have ever had the pleasure of calling my friends.

Like Ernie said, they are managers, business owners, doctors, lawyers, mechanics and every day joes.

Just thought that needed saying...

t/y Aaron. Well spoken, from a guy that got his dog back with the help of a NW Chapter member 2,000 miles away. :rofl: The Northwest Chapter wasn't about geography either, with members scattered around the entire US.

CaFordDude
08-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Lets remember what this thread is about. This thread is about wether members of FTF who live in this particular geographic region want to try and found a formalized chapter.

This thread is NOT about what may or may not have happened or does or does not happen on any other site.

If you don't have a horse in the race...maybe you should watch from the sidelines.

Just trying to head off any un-needed head butting

As always if there are any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me. If I don't know the answer I know the people that do.

KRP
08-14-2008, 02:26 AM
I thought I smelt something...
'biteme' punk.smilietease

Babybunny
08-14-2008, 03:27 AM
I am one of those folks from the othersite who has kids and does drink occasionally. Mud, do you believe everything you read on the internet? If so, you gots issues. Don't mean to tell you what you should and shouldn't do, but if you've gone and met some of the people there, you'd be surprised. The Bunnies know who I am and what I can do--Hurting the next morning for sure.--I also had friends at that shin dig that I had known for about 11years, before I had kids.

I wouldn't mind there being 3/4 state chapter. 8 hours to get to a G2G is about as far as I would go. Did two this year already, Bend and Winchester Bay, OR and then one more coming up to Spokane for Live DP tuning.

None of this prolly makes sense, I have had a few (3) tonight.

Good times!! :D

A NWC will only be what we make it! End of story!! I for one think it would be a good idea!

1973 F-100 4x4
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM

That's funny; those of us that live in Wyoming consider Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas to be the "Midwest." smilieneenar

1970Custom
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
We always thought you were a little weird...

1973 F-100 4x4
10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Only on days that end in: Y!smilietease
Besides, normal is boring and Overrated!!

TexasNomad
12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
I nominate

http://a186.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/63/l_c4e3daaf1183bd5cfbcf3ed1c2eda6e1.jpg

I thought you were umm, way older..

mtflat
12-23-2008, 05:37 AM
That's funny; those of us that live in Wyoming consider Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas to be the "Midwest." smilieneenar

I was born and raised in Ohio. Thats the eastern edge of the midwest - believe me, nw Montana isn't the midwest. We can't grow corn here for one thing - or winter wheat for another...........

1970Custom
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I thought you were umm, way older..
That's me there Tex...

TexasNomad
12-23-2008, 01:22 PM
OH!,well ok.
So who's this Erie guy:suspicious:

1973 F-100 4x4
12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I was born and raised in Ohio. Thats the eastern edge of the midwest - believe me, nw Montana isn't the midwest. We can't grow corn here for one thing - or winter wheat for another...........

I don't know about winter wheat, but they grow corn here.
Not nearly as much as Ohio or indiana, but there is corn grown here.
There is actually a town in Wyoming called "Midwest" also.
I suppose when you look at a map of the US, we are more to the North West.
Oh well.[confused]

CaFordDude
12-23-2008, 04:08 PM
OH!,well ok.
So who's this Erie guy:suspicious:

He's an alter ego of mine, an imaginary friend if you will...:rofl:

TexasNomad
12-23-2008, 04:10 PM
He's an alter ego of mine, an imaginary friend if you will...:rofl:

OH! kinda like me and Harvey.. :p

1970Custom
12-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Speaking of Ernie,

You could've chosen a better picture of me...

KRP
12-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, I'm still down for this NWC business... so why isn't there one yet?

1973 F-100 4x4
12-29-2008, 12:07 AM
So, is it official? The new chapter, I mean?
smilieeatndrink

CaFordDude
12-29-2008, 12:23 AM
yes and no. Yes it is offically going to be a chapter. The powers that be are workin out a few kinks, something about knobs and levers, and then a join thread will be posted up and we'll go from there.

1973 F-100 4x4
12-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Sounds good!
Hope they get it all figured out soon!YelloThumbUp