Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Factory pushbar

Is this a Ford push bar ? I can get it for 20 bucks.
0.jpg

Thanks Mark

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Wow that is a good question.

It does NOT look factory, just looks like it is bolted to the bumper. Which I can't imagine is very strong or very good for pushing things.

I would think for any real pushing it would need to be bolted to the frame.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That does look factory. Ranger429 has the same thing on his truck and it's factory. For $20, grab it. It looks like the bumper has been bent a little. Hopefully the pushbar isn't bent, but if it is, it doesn't look too bad and should bolt up.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I think they are factory. Ford produced the bumper guards, and this push bar. Both were impractible, only for looks, such as CAForddude said. Lots of aftermarket companies offered practible push bars that required you cut squares in your bumpers and bolt or weld them to your bumper brackets/mounts.

Tyl

It does NOT look factory, just looks like it is bolted to the bumper. Which I can't imagine is very strong or very good for pushing things.

I would think for any real pushing it would need to be bolted to the frame.

The bumper is bolted directly to the frame horns. It is a pretty stout bar.

Thats factory. Depending on the year of the truck it may not fit the 78-79 bumper. There was an early model of this style bar that fit the old style bumper. I am only assuming it is on a 77 truck by the grille shell.

These bars were more about style than they were about function back then. You still could probably push over a house with this bar as it is bolted to the factory horns.

Here is the mount on the top side for a 77 model:

DSC01079.JPG

Mounts for the 78-79 bumper:

dsc01739.jpg

You can see the difference in the way the top mount plate is bent. The problem comes when trying to mount the bottom bolts. 77 style on a 78-79 truck:

DSC01078.JPG

It just won't work. So best bet is to match up the style of the upper mounting plate, by the pics it looks like an early model, and if you plan on using it on a 78-79 forget about it.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
As stated above yep. I had on om my 79 F150 sandbox conversion I had . But I thought it had single upper hoop

No single upper hoop only. The only OE style was like the one on my Bronco.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts