Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HTML coding in the Lounge

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Since the Lounge is nothing but members who have been approved by the staff...

And since the Lounge members love to link to YouTube videos, etc....

And assuming that it's possible to just allow this for one forum and not the rest...

...could we be allowed to use HTML code in the Lounge? I think the main usage (and really only usage, considering the capabilities of vBulletin) would be for YouTube embeds, but I think the members of the Lounge can be trusted to not try and hack the site or do any weird formatting stuff with the HTML.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Let me see if I can activate it just for that forum... Getting back with you shortly.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I changed the lounge back. You can no longer use HTML code in the lounge. We just didn't care for the risk factor.

We did however add a new feature. We now have a YouTube tag. It works like the img and quote tags. You probably noticed it on the message posting interface.

Here is how it works. You take the video id# from the youtube url and wrap the youtube tags around it. The portion in red below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBPsxy-m6U

Now the video is embedded. It's safer for us because it doesn't allow anyone to use HTML code and it can be used anywhere on the forum.

Hope everyone is happy with that.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts