Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

429 engine in a bus

I have a 1989 school bus with a 429 engine. I was thinking of pulling the engine to hopefully put in a future project. I know it is the mid size truck series engine.
I been reading they have to be worked on to fit in cars and 1/2 tons.
Anyways I been trying to figure out what it is worth. I now ben thinking of selling it. It still runs and is still in the bus. I want to keep the bus as a storage shed.
The wreckers here want $1800 to 2000 for a used motor. So I was thinking of wanting $1500 or best. Am I off the mark. ?

If it's below what the wrecking yards want, I'd say it's fair.

I know of a guy down here who just got 1500 for an old bus body, no engine/trans at the steel scrap yard. might get enough offa that one to buy a decent shed, lol...

I built shelves in it and store my car parts and such in it, plus lumber. The benefit is if I build a shed I get taxed. As long as it has wheels and can be moved. They do not tax it here. Besides it cost less than what they want for buying or building sheds here. They wanted 1000 for an 8x10 shed. The bus gives me more room. and a dry place for my stuff.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts