Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bill, Dennis, either of you see this before?

I have never seen this wide chrome trim used on the front windsheild of a 79. Any idea where it came from or who makes it?

b919_12.JPG

a60e_12.JPG

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That chrome looks a bit wider than the stock chrome for the 73-77, but it's hard to tell for sure. Trucks from 77-79 had the black weatherstripping with black strip or chrome strip. I think I'm right with the years, but If I'm not, I'll be corrected.

I think the answer is just below the F350 emblem. Its stock with the lariat package.

Um no, not stock on a Lariat. I have never seen this wide of chrome on a F-series or a Bronco. Like Buck said the earlier model F-series came with a chrome or stainless trim piece but I don't recall it looking this wide.

This is the stock chrome trim for 78-79's.

dsc02499.jpg

That looks like the chrome from pre-78
Mine came with the Lock strip chrome.

You can get both types of windshield Gaskets in the aftermarket to accommodate the chrome trim.

here's the Lariat

79FordTruckPage5.jpg

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just had my parts manager break out the micro-fiche (he wasn't happy). The wider chrome was on pre 78. After that they went to the rubber with the chrome insert.

That's what I said above :) *snickerz*

Oh, LOOK! It's "Starsky and Hutch Meet The Dukes Of Hazzard!"smiliegitrdone
79FordTruckPage5.jpg

Sorry... couldn't resist.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I bought a set off ebay for my truck when I redo it. It'll have all he trimmings.

That is 4 pieces of aluminum glued ontop your seal. Right now the truck has only a small aluminum trim on each corner. That was stock. That windshield trim was an option along with all the other trim pieces.

Tyl

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts