Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Radiator pics

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Hey all. Just wanted to see some pics of your radiators. I just received my aftermarket radiator and by using the correct mounting holes, It looks like my radiator sits to low. I can move it up easily enough and I'm not doing anything until I get my motor mounted and what not, but I just wanted to make sure it cleared my power steering sector since I did the 78/79 conversion which it does with some notching of the flange, but I think it sits to low.

DCFC0027.jpg

DCFC0029.jpg

DCFC0030.jpg

DCFC0028.jpg

Did you get new rubber pads with it? or take them off the old one? It does look too low, but without the padding, it won't last.

Too low !

and why do you have bolts in the shroud mounting holes where a fastener should be ?

What is the number of that rad ?

It looks low, but if you have a body lift installed, it may be close. I know on my '77 the radiator sat low on the front clip after I lowered it 3" from the body lift.

On a side note: I'll start the Waste To Energy job on Wednesday. I'll give you a call then.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Too low !

and why do you have bolts in the shroud mounting holes where a fastener should be ?

What is the number of that rad ?

There are 4 holes on each side of the radiator. 2 are smaller oval shaped holes top and bottom and 2 larger round holes in the middle. I assume the small oval holes are for the mounting bolts. Maybe I'm wrong, but If I use the other others, It will put the radiator up pretty high which I didn't think was right. The bolts that are on the topside right and left handside are also on the bottom. You can take the mounting flange off and turn it around to accomodate the front flange mount position. Right now it's a temporary mount just to get an idea for clearance with my steering sector which I do have. So I can move it up if need be which now after looking, it will.

Dennis, this radiator is one from summit racing. It's a direct fit aluminum radiator. It is "supposed" to cool better than a super cooler. It has a hard plastic tank. I believe it's just like the one from Bronco graveyard. I figured for the price, I'd try it out. I'm kinda worried about the plastic cracking over time, but you never know until you try. And of course I'm not doing any offroading or going to be daily driving it.

I'll take some pics of my 78 tomorrow.

This is true. But looking at the pics, I think that one would have a lot of trouble getting a cap on or off, without modifying the valance.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts