Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

stick shift gear indicator

been driving my stick for a week or so and thought it would be a cool thing to have. I'm not mechanical enough to make something like this, just think it would be cool.

Googling, it looks like they exist for motorcycles...which makes sense because you can't tell what gear you're in.

Could a handy person make something like that? Digital readout, mapped out H, etc. I know what gear I'm in, just think it would be neat

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It'd be pretty tricky, I would think, to make it work- you'd have to rig up all the sensors to know what gear it's in at any given time. The rest would be easy enough, I guess, though.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
You could mount micro switches on the shift linkage (if it is an older, external linkage type tranny) that would light up a number when hit. Not sure how you could do it on an internel linkage tranny.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I could be wrong...but I think the M5OD in his truck is internal linkage. I know the Mazda 5-speed in my Ranger is.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts