Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Kinda Quiet Here

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
4 Days have gone by and no one has posted anything, so I figured I'd post.

I'm traveling back to Nebraska next week and I'm hoping to make some progress on my engine. My brother is helping or should I say doing most of the work on my engine and we are hoping to get it done and on the dyno. I am looking forward to getting the thing built so I can drop it in. I'm at the point of needing it in so I can continue on the front clip. I'm hoping to have it at least drivable out of the garage by September. Lots of work to do, but that's the fun part. I hate waiting.

Yeah it is pretty quiet around here. Nice weater and more people out wrenching on their rigs probably has something to do with that though. Cant wait to hear how the motor does on the dyno...

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Andy, they'll be parked for a long time, in a time capsule. Gas cost won't improve and will only get worse and worse.

May I request a pic of your fleet? Especially that F6?

Tyl

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I hear ya about the gas cost affecting the driving of our trucks. Ironically, I was just talking with my wife tonight about my project. When I started it 3 years ago, fuel wasn't even a concern. Then I decided (well talked into it by my brother) on building a 521 stroker for it, so I knew It would get terrible mileage in the first place. And I also knew that the truck wasn't going to be daily driver or anything, so MPG really wasn't important anyway. However, with the extremely high prices, I can't help wondering about a "regret on building" my truck. I'm not done yet and have ton of money invested and can't turn back now. I'm still excited about the build and can't wait for the time to come when I can finally drive it, but boy, is it going to cost me a bundle to fill up the 32 gal tank I've got and only get minimal MPG.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
im realy thinking of puting a 300 in my 71 just so its a little more gas freindly and i gess i just wont do any more good burn outs for a while

Propane dropped to $80.9 Litre (was $101.9) so I still drive the 77 F150 mostly.

Regular Gasoline is up to $1.30.9. so the Lincoln Town Car doesn't get used much.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Awsome, thanks for the pic. Quite the American, red, white and blue. Love those Fords.

Tyl

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i have a 300 in my 85 f150 with a manual and it doesn't get any better mileage than my 79 302 c6.

i won't give up silver until i absolutely have to. right now i don't have to. i'm considering buying a motorcycle to make keeping her feasible for a lot longer though. i'd have to sell ol blue which kinda sucks but i think i cld "sell" it back to my parents for a good chunk of the motorcycle money and keep her in the family. my dad's old 3/4 chevy keeps crapping out on him and this truck has pulled trailers places his truck wldn't go which is really weird. cld have also been the driver ;)

problem is i've never been on a motorcycle and know NOTHIN about them except they've got two wheels and go vroom vroom you know. gotta start somewhere, i just don't know where to start! i'd kinda like to ride one before i haul off and decide to buy one you know.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'd like to get a Motorcycle too and I also haven't been on one since I was 14 and that was only twice. So, I'd like to learn, but the wifey won't have it. She says they are to dangerous. Oh well. Maybe if fuel gets to be $10 per gallon, then she'd give in.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
well at least you got someone that loves you enough to not want to let you get hurt or killed. right about now i'd relish an argument like that. *shrug*

so how do you go about learning other than the classes. i'm one of those competitive types, i don't like looking like a dumbass and i'm easily embarrassed when it happens even if i look cool brushing it off. i've been trying to read up on everything i can find but i don't feel like i'm finding a hell of a lot to read. i don't know anyone anymore that has one or has ever ridden one.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
You could be like a buddy of mine and just go buy a motorcycle and just jump on it and go, while almost laying on it's side just minutes after he paid the guy.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
4 Days have gone by and no one has posted anything, so I figured I'd post.

I'm traveling back to Nebraska next week and I'm hoping to make some progress on my engine. My brother is helping or should I say doing most of the work on my engine and we are hoping to get it done and on the dyno. I am looking forward to getting the thing built so I can drop it in. I'm at the point of needing it in so I can continue on the front clip. I'm hoping to have it at least drivable out of the garage by September. Lots of work to do, but that's the fun part. I hate waiting.

Did ya miss me Bucky????

I've been out working on my 78 Bronco after I broke my 76 again out beating on it, so I am getting the Bronco all painted and put back together, with the 76 giving up some of its good parts, later I might pull the axle's and put them under the Bronco as well
so since I have been working on my Bronco I have been hanging out on FSB, but I was joking around over there and now I can't get back on, maybe I stirred that pot a little too much? smiliestirthepot
oh well it wouldn't be the first time I got the boot from them, if that is what happened, it says server is busy?? either that's true or I'm getting spanked :spank: I don't know why? I'm a little angel :angel: :nono: it don't matter I got better things to do anyways :wasntme: besides it gave me a reason to stop by here where all the cool folks hang out, later dude, I'll post up some pictures soon when I get some more progress done to it, you do the same please...Rick

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Hey Rick, Nice to see ya on here again. I was kinda wondering where you were, but I figured you were up to no good or somthing. :) It sounds like you have been pretty busy with your projects. I've done a little, but kind of in a holding pattern right now. I'm hoping to get my motor soon and dropped in so I can work on the front clip and what not. But, I'll definitely get some updated pics on here soon. Again, nice to hear from ya.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Yea, I missed you too Buck-O, you know me I am always up to no good in one way or another? I am hoping to get some done on my Bronco this week, but the Weather man says rain all week, but they never know weather its going to rain or shine??? Buh-dah-bump, Get it, thats humor son?? well gotta go, I'll yak at ya soon...Rick

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts