Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Simply Amazing....

Michigan
Hey all, well we have this Ford Newholand lawn mower. We bought it new in 1997, and the reason why my dad bought this lawnmower was because he was able to use his A plan on it.

Well years go by and its been great, had to have the motor replaced when it was new, under warrenty, and since then its still been running. Well.... shes got some miles on her, seats been ate by mice, rusting, belts, the mower deck has had to been welded a few times, and the ones im most proud of is using it to go way back in the woods to get firewood pre fourwheeler times and we went over a tree limb and it shoved a stick into the cooling fan just above the gas tank. Keep in mind this is a small riding mower.

Well a couple of very early springs ago (Still had snow piles) we used the lawnmower for something and i was takin it back to the shed and i noticed alot of smoke, so i lifted the hood and it was smoking prety bad out of the front of the motor, well i went to grab my camera phone to take a video or picture of it and it burst in flames lol. So sweet and thank god i shut it off nexted to a snow pile and we threw a bunch of snow on it.

Valve cover gasket went bad so i just used some RTV and fixed that problem. Well now she smokes really bad, and i have to put at least a quarter quart of oil in it before running, i just throw some oil in it and call it good. She smokes, getting low on power, but damn this think just keeps on going.

This aint a rant, but more of a praise to a lawnmower that has had a very hard life lol. Asked my dad what the plans are for it when she decides to let go and he said hes going to put a new motor in it. The trans and everything is holding up great. Heres to the hope of many more years :beer: smilietease

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Goodness, it's a lawn-mower, not a yard tractor.

Aw well, Tony uses his to move his boat around when he feels lucky...

Tyl

Michigan
Its Built Ford Tough :)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Aw well, Tony uses his to move his boat around when he feels lucky...

Tyl

It's also moved around utility trailers and car trailers. I have had to have somebody sit on the hood before to keep the front end down though.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
We bought it new in 1997

Pffft- it ain't even old enough to be broke in yet...

My Deere's are '69 and '70 model years...both have pulled cars, boats, and trailers as well as cutting grass and one cuts a smallish field a few times a year.

Nothing against Fords, and I'm not a die-hard Deere guy, but I'll stack a 112 up against anything in it's size class and a few things that ought to be better any day of the week.

This one's "Grandpa's" (though I've since inherited it) taken probably in the early '80s. I don't have any pictures of mine without a bunch of pieces missing. That trailer and plow-blade were both custom-built by Grandpa for that machine, and he ran hydraulic hoses to the back to dump the trailer, too. (It's not a great pic- I think it was supposed to be of the new woodshed, not the tractor.)

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Tony, ah, how many beers have you had when you and his 'somebody' being your hood ornament hauled a heavy load?

That'd be hilarious seeing some one trying to sit on the hood of your tractor after a few. It'd be like trying to pin the tail on the donkey

Tyl

Michigan
sweet man i like the old john deeres, Im also a IH kinda guy. I was putting this lawnmower into respect of like husky brand lawnmowers, this ford tractor is chincy so and definatly not made the way the use to be. Just funny that its lasted this long, and with how much oil it burns it cant believe it still runs lol

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
That'd be hilarious seeing some one trying to sit on the hood of your tractor after a few. It'd be like trying to pin the tail on the donkey
We've got a hilarious home movie from the mid-'60s (long before my time) of my grandfather letting his nephew drive his tractor at the time (Model A Doodlebug, IIRC) while he climbed up and stood on the hood. Then Grandma comes out and yells at him. (Shame it's a silent film...) Odds are better than even that some scotch was involved.

...with how much oil it burns it cant believe it still runs lol

My '69 with the Kohler has so much blowby that it puffs smoke and pukes oil out the breather at an almost amusing rate. I have to add 6-8 oz every time I cut the lawn (maybe 1.5 hrs or so...).

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Tony, ah, how many beers have you had when you and his 'somebody' being your hood ornament hauled a heavy load?

Tyl

Actually, none. It's the redneck in me I guess. ;)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts