Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New England Summer Nationals

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Any of you guys figuring to go to this? July 3-6 in Worcester, MA

http://www.summernationals.com/index2.html

I've got some family stuff to do that weekend, but I'm living in central MA for the summer right close by, so I'll be buying a weekend pass, and hanging out down there when I'm not working or with the family...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Few pics I took there last year:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey ill try and make that this year! i went to the end of it years ago and just haven't had time to go.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Cool- let me know when we get closer to it...

Looking like I'll be with the family all day Friday, and Saturday until early afternoon, and I'll probably have to work at least some of Thursday (last year I got lucky- shop lost power and they sent us home at 10 am on that Friday :D)

But other than that, I'll probably be there.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Didn't realize you were that far north in CT...must be right near MA on I-395?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Any of you guys figuring to go to this? July 3-6 in Worcester, MA

http://www.summernationals.com/index2.html

I've got some family stuff to do that weekend, but I'm living in central MA for the summer right close by, so I'll be buying a weekend pass, and hanging out down there when I'm not working or with the family...

You'll be kinda close to my work then, if you have any car troubles feel free to comon down get them fix'd up for ya.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I went to the park around 10 this morning, but it was too early...almost nobody there, nothing set up.

But the cars were rolling in, and what I saw looked and sounded good. (The city allows open headers for this weekend, so it's a whole different sound than most of us are used to from street-legal cars.)

Why the hell is no cool stuff held in NY

Because you don't have any Town Names that get easily mispronounced?

Must be; There's no entertainment when the locals can't giggle at the out-of-towners struggling to get the town name right.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

Schenectady? Poughkeepsie?

I'd say they got a few...

Oswego, JD you had better names

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Unless you're a local (I grew up one town north)- then it's "Woostah".

:D :D

EDIT: Seeing as I just got back from there... I can't remember for sure, but I think there were fewer cars burning out tonight than in years past (and fewer people watching)...and the beer garden has gone downhill. Last year it was $5 for a beer and they had the local rock station DJ there when there wasn't a band. This year it's $6 and just piped in music when there's no band. :(

Last edited:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida

Must be; There's no entertainment when the locals can't giggle at the out-of-towners struggling to get the town name right.

Try coming to Florida. Ever hear of Withlacootchie?

I stand corrected. When I worked for Safety Kleen I almost took a position in Watahbahruh. er, WATERBORO. they said I talked funny.

Penicillin will fix that.

Psquare75

Creamsicle Driver

EDIT: Seeing as I just got back from there... I can't remember for sure, but I think there were fewer cars burning out tonight than in years past (and fewer people watching)...and the beer garden has gone downhill. Last year it was $5 for a beer and they had the local rock station DJ there when there wasn't a band. This year it's $6 and just piped in music when there's no band. :(

You didn't walk far enough, the burnout cars were stretched further, and the people were scattered around now, as the show goes past the DCU at night.

There was a band there all weekend at night downtown, Not sure what beer garden you were in.

Some pics some friends as I took. I was there all weekend.

http://www.reklessracing.net/forums/showthread.php3?t=25719

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Past the DCU? Jeez, I guess I didn't walk far enough...

There weren't that many burnouts on Thursday, though- they didn't start them until 9:30, and they were done before midnight.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts