Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Truck Pulls

Michigan
Went to the first annual powersports weekend at a town about 10 miles away from me. Not a bad turnout, some good tractors and trucks. I definatly want to get back into diesel after this pull. Thats the thing in our area, cant wait for the next one. Here are some pics. Didnt get many i was to busy watchin, these are some that caught my eye and i took videos of. The trucks i had my full attention on and only got a picture of a couple.

Here are a few that was in the 2wd Mod wheelie trucks. 3 Chebbies and a ford. A woman drove a ford, and it was the only one with a manual valve body (She shifts WAY to early) and it bogged down at around 220, dissapointing.

Picture320.jpg

The Winner

Picture325.jpg

Picture323.jpg

Couple of the smokers 8000 LB tractors. The ford tractor was suppose to be in the 6500 farm but he put on wider tires and they made him go up a class. Still did awesome, even compared to the Multi Thousand dollar pullin teams.

Picture319.jpg

Picture327.jpg

"The Bud Man" King Of Gears haha

Picture331.jpg

Picture332.jpg

Check out the deer lol i thought it was awesome

Picture327.jpg

Couple of diesel trucks, Theres a kicker tho lol

Picture335.jpg

Again i didnt get much pics of what i wanted to, it was getting dark and im surprised i got what i got. Ok here is a beauty. Its a 1996 F350 Cummings powered manual trans. Awesome looking truck. A

Announcer pissed me off when he said it was a DODGE powered FORD. Since Cummings is not a dodge motor i dont see a problem with putting a 5.9 in one. He had tons of power, hooked up awesome, and when he went buy that truck was just freakin twisting! It was amazing.

Picture339.jpg

Picture340.jpg

Now this was sweet. A old 78 F350 supercab long box was pulling in the diesel class, and acually out pulled a couple of 03+ superdutys and duramaxes. I was impressed, this thing looked like junk but wow did he have some power. Pulled 8000 K about 260 feet.

Picture337.jpg

And heres another 88-91 F150 with a built 460 (He didnt tell me the acual Cid) But he pulled it about 270 feet, and get this, hes suppose to be in the 6500K class. They didnt have the class and since it didnt count for the points run he wanted to pull n e ways to see how she would do.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd190/smokin73/Picture336.jpg

Another 76 F250 pulled. Wow this thing Reved SOOO high, he pulled a full pull with 8000K hes in the 6500K class just like the guy in the pic above.

But thats about it, ive got some videos but it will take forever to upload on my computer. Definatly thinking about building one for myself someday... Enjoy!

Fellro

Staff member
I had thought about running my 6.9 just for the heck of it, until I saw the rules... my ag bumper had to go, my electric fuel pump had to go (aftermarket) and a few other things, one being they didn't distinguish between NA diesels and turbo'd, so I said heck with it, I know I can tow what I need to anyway...

Michigan
Obviously cant post to many pics in one thread.

Here are a few that i missed.

That ford tractor.

Picture334.jpg

Picture329.jpg

Picture333.jpg

The 88-91 bodystyle 150

Picture336.jpg

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Great pictures - looks like an awesome day. thanks for sharing them.

uh, you do know it Cummins, right? no 'G' at the end........

........I know, I know but I can't help it. [confused]

Michigan
O yea INTERNATIONAL IH Cases are my favorite.

Fellro

Staff member
We have 3, a 966, 856, and 684... IH POWER! May turbo the 966, have a potentially bad head (that my father didn't get checked when it was off like I asked him to....) Have an old combine motor with the turbo on it, head is loose from the block, but if I recall correctly, he forgot to put a main bearing in or something to that effect, and ruined the crank... I can grad the head and turbo setup off it and put on the 966, both are 414 motors... I wanted to turbo it when I did the motor overhaul, but he said no, well, I have to pull the head off again, so I may just do it anyway...

Michigan
I enjoyed saying to all the 6.0 trucks that went by with JUST tuners, I HOPE YOU HAVE HEAD STUDS!!!!!! haha it was a good time.

In the points race there are no IH Navistar motors.... I might have to do something about that lol.

Michigan
edit: damn, that avatar of yours is distracting.

Baaa i know it makes posting fun haha :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts