Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 Guys!

Michigan
Or 78, Lets see some pics of your tanks. I sure as hell miss mine, and i love to see what other people did to their trucks.

If you insist... Mines a 78
Stock
imag0230.jpg

Most recent pic
p8260174.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Not sure you're gonna wanna see mine, lol. In my defense, it was too beat for restoration to begin with.

0711070002.jpg

0802230004.jpg

mudtruck005.jpg

Michigan
:drop: :drop: :drop: Dang beautiful trucks dudes!

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I know this is your " Mud Truck " but it would look a lot better if you just cleaned up some areas on it, it can still be a wheeling rig and look decent too
dont get me wrong its still cool, just needs a touch up, like clean up the wheel well cuts, ditch the trim and touch up the paint
mudtruck005.jpg

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Awesome Broncs. Tony, yours is a frickin tank. Nice.

Ranger and Horse, you guys' broncos are just Beautiful. I just don't see nice ones like that very often. Ranger, that's the first time I've seen soft covers on these. I assume is was custom made. That makes it nice to pull off easy.

Thanks Buck.

Actually that top is made by STC. They are no longer in business.

If you have not seen it before this is what it looked like 3 years ago when I got it. I bought it from a guy out of Ca thru PJB. Now I think I have put every available option on this Bronco that was offered. I also have the hard top in the garage on a special lift and it has a rare NOS roof rack on it that was made by Hickey back in the day.

bronco10.jpg

Here is a pretty good build thread I did over at FSB on it.

http://72.18.199.92/~fullsize/forum/showthread.php?t=94207

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks Buck. Mines pretty nice if I do say so myself, WAS all origional 54,000mi when I got it, 62,000mi today. I've just done some things to it to make it more to my liking. Motor, lift, gears, locker, tires, and some small extras. Its by no means a hardcore wheeler, just a fun play toy.

What is the style/names of your rims I really like that old school look.

Thanks, they are Western Wheel Turbines. They were a pretty popular rim in the 70's and 80's. I havnt seen a set like mine (with as many fins) in quite some time. Usually you will find the type pictured on Ranger's bronco (before the resto).

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I thought they were called hurricane rims ?
I think your right I searched for a while last night and didn't find any thing on the turbine Rims and soon I looked under hurricane rims tons of them started coming up, I really like them and think I'm going to put them on the new build i'm doing I want it to look like this, just not the jacked up =)
Dont know who he is but it sure is a hell of a nice truck..
http://www.mcsmk8.com/84-F250/84-F250.html

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I always thought the rims like Ranger's were called hurricane's and the rims like mine were turbine's (with more fins). They say Western Wheel on the backside of the hub mounting surface.

BigRed1

Here comes trouble...
An Alabama Bronco...

Attached is a picture of my '78. Not great to look at, but lots of sentimental value in there.

If the picture I attached does not show up in the post properly (too small, wrong place) could someone please let me know how to do it? I plan to start on the project and I'd like to be able to post pics properly.

Thanks in advance!

-rp-

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
There is a nice set of hurrican rims locally for sale . I had a set of 12" wide ones on my 79. I never saw ones that wide before or after. Really a made the side walls of 33 12 15 straight .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts