Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Grinding noise in the front end.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok guys, I have a question for you. My FIL has a 93 f150, 5.0. 2WD, auto, he had some brake work done on the truck and since he has had a grinding noise when he applies the brakes.

Now saying that before you say, maybe some bad calipers or whatever, let me tell you what he's done to it since.

He has been back to the place where he got them done at twice and both times they replaced the calipers, replaced the pads once, checked the bearings, caliper and basically said it wasn't their fault.

Only about 80% of the time does it do this and ONLY when you apply the brakes.:headbang:

Is there something on these that i need to look at that could also be causing this?

Its really getting on my nerves hearing about this all the time! LOL

blacksnapon

Staff member
Now this is odd, but it's bit me in the ass more than once. When braking, more weight is transferred to the front wheels. If the front tires are cupped badly, it will magnify the imperfections when applying the brakes.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
but not all the time???

blacksnapon

Staff member
Like there is a slight turn happening when application of the brakes, then the outer edges of the tires are contacting more.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
ok I'll let him know to keep an eye on it and get back with ya.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts