Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A Question for the Parts Gurus

I have a '65 Century Coronado boat that is factory powered by a Ford 427ci 330hp engine. This engine was marinized by the Eaton corporation and marketed under the brand name, Interceptor. Interceptor built three versions, the 300hp, 330hp, and a 425hp. Chris Craft also used this Ford base engine and did their own marinization and put their own brand marque on them. As in the case of many marine application engines, mine is a right turn rotation which is obviously opposite of the automotive.

Since Ford produced the base engine, is there some obscure Ford parts books on them and if so, have you seen them?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I have a '65 Century Coronado boat that is factory powered by a Ford 427ci 330hp engine. This engine was marinized by the Eaton corporation and marketed under the brand name, Interceptor. Interceptor built three versions, the 300hp, 330hp, and a 425hp. Chris Craft also used this Ford base engine and did their own marinization and put their own brand marque on them. As in the case of many marine application engines, mine is a right turn rotation which is obviously opposite of the automotive.

Since Ford produced the base engine, is there some obscure Ford parts books on them and if so, have you seen them?
There prolly are parts catalogs, but you'd have to go to a Ford Marine Dealer to get them.

EDIT: Try here: faxonautolit.com / or mebbe here: helminc.com / Helm, which prints all of Ford's material.

There are also separate parts catalogs for industrial engines.

Ford sold 460 marine engines in the 1970's/80's thru a local SoCal Motorcraft Jobber for $2000.00 retail for a complete engine less the exhaust manifolds.

Dealer net was $1600.00...I sold quite a few back then at cost plus 10%.

That may not seem like much profit, but since we didn't have to stock them, and could get a one day delivery, there was no overhead.

Memo to Mr. Ed: C-S was the jobber, that should come as no surprise to you, because the owner (RD) was a former Ford P&S rep.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts