Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How good are you at identifying engines?

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
16 of 18 correct, missed one Chebbie, one Chrysler.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I got 4 out of 18!! I SUCK!! Why were there no diesels!! Damnit!!

Storm

18 out 18 :)

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I got 7 right out of 18

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
It's funny, I always seem to find cool stuff on other sites I frequent and have to show you guys!

I just watch for distributor location, spark plug location, exhaust port spacing.. that kinda thing.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
It's funny, I always seem to find cool stuff on other sites I frequent and have to show you guys!

I just watch for distributor location, spark plug location, exhaust port spacing.. that kinda thing.

lol i onlyknow of dist locations i dont know nothing about sparkplug locations and exhuast port spacing lol.. thats why i scored so low :headbang:

Fellro

Staff member
15, should hav ebeen 16, but I changed my mind on a Mopar Hemi... the early vs late question, originally though early, but looked so much like the lates... dang it!

andym

Real men are fanatics
My score: I suck at identifying engines.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
15, should hav ebeen 16, but I changed my mind on a Mopar Hemi... the early vs late question, originally though early, but looked so much like the lates... dang it!
Early (1951/58) hemi valve covers were chrome and marked: CHRYSLER (above the plugs) FIRE POWER (below the plugs). The letters contained red paint.

Fellro

Staff member
They also stated the distributor was on the back, while the laters were on the front... On those, many had aftermarket covers.

Well I tried and got 16 but it should have been 17 because my damn mouse fired one of by itself.
Why is this mouse so touchy ?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts