Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Turned 50k this past weekend.....

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Turned 50k this past weekend, Had a SCMT 1704 on it for a very good portion of those miles, now has a SCT livewire on with the performance generic tune installed. It has been to the dealer for the 05E15 flash and thats it. I have a couple of complaints as far as the driverside door/window, but other than that could not be more happy with the truck. As to what got it here? Here is what I did.

As soon as I got 1000 miles on it, I changed the oil, and started towing my
11K# toyhauler with it. Changed the air filter every 15k, oil every 5k, trans fluid at 30k, fuel filters every 15k. I also monitored my fuel quality (draining my HFCM every couple weeks) as I only use 2 fuel stations here. I have also added the max rate of Powerservice grey fuel additive since day one to every tankful.

Some of the above may be luck, and I am ok with that as well. I would rather be lucky than good any day.

Fellro

Staff member
Turned 50k this past weekend,
Damn you're old!!!:rofl: :hammer:

Heck, I haven't seen 50,000 on a vehicle... what's it like? All mine usually have at least a 1 in front of that 50,000...

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Well considering it only had 24k on it last september, its racking up quickly. It is after all a 05. I also did not drive it much for 7 months last summer since I had a company truck. At this rate, I'll pass your 150k in a year and a half.

Fellro

Staff member
I don't drive all that much on my truck anyway, but it has 30,000 on it since I got it two years ago, which had around 200,000 or more on it then... don't know, as the 86 doesn't have that many positions...
My van is at 201,000, and racking up fast...

My 89 ranger started out at 2. I drove it until 192,000. My brother has been driving it for the last two years now. The explorer started its life with me at 65,000 and it now has 92,000. Who knows how many miles the 56 has. LOL

Its good to hear things stories like yours Ryan. Keep us posted with your performance in the future. I got 22K on my 06 with no problems. I want it to stay that way. I hope to hit 200K in the future. My 95 E350 has 172K on it now and that old 351 is holding up just fine thank you.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
My odometer reads 15,631 tonight. I wonder how long she'll last until she pops. :) I'm not too worried. I still have a spare '04 6.0L sitting in my buddies shop. Of course, that means this one won't quit. lol

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Just turned 91,000 miles last night coming home from the airport.

Motor is a March 1, 2003 built motor

Bought August 2003

All 8 original injectors (C94's)

91,000 miles as of 3/7/07

Kep4

Jäger
Proper maintenance and an educated driver always help the longevity of a vehicle. I changed the oil and filter on my PSD at 1,000 miles as well. Gotta figure that quite a bit of wear happens in that mileage period.

Always nice to hear good news Ryan!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts